Fashion Trends You Dislike

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • May 9, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Chances are, many of us here have witnessed a lot of fashion trends come and go. So which ones of the ones that you have personally lived through so far did you really dislike? I mostly cringe at the thought that the elephant pants trend ever existed in the 90s, and I wasn't too particularly fond of the emo surge in the 2000's, and nowadays, I'm very much disliking the wedge heel trend, to me they look like hooves and they aren't attractive at all, but that's just my opinion of course. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here. So which trends did not appeal to you at all?

2. carclain

carclainNew Member

Threads:
    Snapbacks, they are very irritating and the hype they have is very, very dumb.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like many trends in general. Most crop tops and tie-front tops really irritate me....not to be judgy but something about them just screams 'trashy' to me.

4. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I can't wait until humanity fully rejects the falling, butt-exposing jeans. Ugh. It's just the dumbest thing to have to witness.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hated the buddha beads and necklace trend back in the early 2000's. I was born in the 80's, but the clothes and big hair and lots of guy-liner that was so popular that time is just plain awful to me.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    LOL I remember hating these as well, especially the sagging pants and buddha beads. I even cringe right now as you remind me of them. :D Still, even if I hated these trends to very high degrees, I look back at them with fondness.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I hear you. I'm counting the years until we all look back and go "what the heck were we thinking"? Another thing I can't stand (though it's not as bad as the sag) is that half-mohawk thing some hipster girls are doing where they shave one side of their head. I'm like either go all the way or stop playing around.

8. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't like when it was fashionable for girls to have low rise jeans, and short tops. Like they were full length tops but they were intended to barely meet your jeans. For me, it was impossible to find anything to wear. My torso is longer than my size, so I was either in baggy shirts to make sure they met my pants or I was in shirts that fit properly but exposed my midriff.

9. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I dislike snapbacks, jeggings on big girls and really low v-necks on guys. I do not get the big girls and jeggings trend. Jeggings to nothing for anyone. They don't flatter anyone's figure so I don't know why big girls would want their shape on display like that. The worst is when the jeggings are so stretched out that they become see though.

10. Celestial Sky

Celestial SkyNew Member

Threads:
    Oy vey! Fashion trends grate on my last nerve! I've never been into trends, and least of all fashion inclined ones.

It's all so pointless, as what looks good on an individual may not be what is the latest trend. Plus, why would someone want to follow a look that everyone else is doing?

One of the trends that I've intensely disliked is baby-doll tops and dresses. I don't mind the high empire-waist style if it's a long gown or a dress. But, for a top that ends at the bottom of the waist-line, it is not attractive to me. I'm also not too fond of tube tops, as they rarely flatter, even when one has a good figure.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I never follow fashion trends. I don't believe in that sort of thing because I wear what I like and what is comfortable. I don't think there is much of a fashion trend because most people wear there own style I know I do. So I don't think that there is one that I dislike because if you don't like something you are not going to wear it anyway.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    The fashion trend that I dislike would have to be the cropped shirts.
    It just seems like skirts and shorts were always getting shorter and by this point the shirts and tops that we wear are also shrinking. I prefer looking very classy and these clothes to me just aren't in this category.

13. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    I really dislike the way clothing companies are making things out of really thin fabric. And they're advertising it as if it's a feature, saying things like "tissue weight" and "good for layering". Not only can others see through them, but I resent being forced to layer or wear a sweater when a regular normal weight shirt would have been enough. And you know they'll wear out quickly.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree on the thin fabric, very annoying. They pretend the fabric is technological but in reality you are paying for very little. I also hate branding on clothes, especially when they try to make the branding really discrete with a small label in a random place, it looks stupid. Another trend I hate is the skinny jeans.

15. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Everything that high-schoolers wear. They come up with the most absurd combinations, and try a lot to look good. Not only that, they spend a lot of money trying to look good. Speaking specifically, I don't like snapbacks or skinny jeans. I really hope these two fashion trends stop.

16. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I actually like a lot of things everyone has mentioned such as snapbacks and crop tops or shirts ties in the front. I really hate platform shoes though! I think they're the ugliest things in the world and also everything with studs or spikes. Everything comes back but those sure shouldn't have!

17. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:

Don't get me started on this so called fashion trend I hate it. Not only on girls but on boys as well. I could be sitting on a bus and here comes some kids wearing baggy pants that look like their about to fall off exposing part of themselves because the top and the pants aren't meeting. I have to fight back the urge to tell them to pull up their pants. I am so like you I have body issues as well, not easy to find clothes that will fit right, but I wear loose tops and proper fitting pants that not only meet but over lap. I just don't like this trend that seems to be lets expose pert of ourselves but make it look like we're not trying to.

18. kdlt

kdltNew Member

Threads:
    I can't believe no one has said crocs yet! I know tons of people hate Uggs but crocs are worse, in my opinion. They look so cartoonish, it's horrible. I'd rather have people just wear sandals (even SOCKS with sandals) than crocs!

And Classicnyer, I actually love the side-cuts ("half-mohawk things") haha. I've seen some girls really rock them. By not having a full mohawk, they can usually part their hair so that no one can tell they've got anything shaved, so that they can look presentable at formal and professional events. Pretty neat, imo. :) That's what I love about trends- not everyone feels the same way about stuff.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    mmm theres a few styles I have seen that I don't really like around my town I see a lot of girls with skinny jeans that are like stretch pants but look like jeans and they are usually purple or blue with a floral designed type of maternity shirt it seems like these girls around here are taking style tips for 90 year old women I just don't think its cute at all

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I hear what you are saying, everyone can't wear that style of jean or stretch pant. They do look terrible on some and nice on others. But as stated, to each his or her own style or trend. So I for one, don't follow trends and just do my own thing.