Fashion Trends

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tasxx • Aug 11, 2015.

1. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I was thinking about this earlier today. Do any of you really follow with the current "fashion trends"? I find that it's a little annoying that I'm expected to constantly be on trend and wearing what big fashion companies consider cool nowadays. It took me a really long time to not only develop my own style but be comfortable wearing it. I sometimes felt like people were always judging me because I dress a little different but I got over that. I no longer care what anyone thinks about what I wear as long as I am comfortable and happy. What about you?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Much like you, I spent a lot of time developing my own style. And I actually found I’d receive more compliments when I started wearing only what I wanted to wear, rather than trying to wear whatever was in at the moment, so I figured I must be doing something right! My tastes still evolve slightly over a given time period, but generally I know what I like, and what works for me. So I’ll see what trends are popular, but if a trend doesn’t tick those two boxes, it won’t find a place in my wardrobe.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really, but if I like the design and if it fits me then I do buy it and I wear it. My main priority in buying clothes is comfort, so I only wear clothes that I will feel comfortable in.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As my taste in clothes has always been stylish but classic - current fashion trends have never really been of any importance to me either

In fact I've found that - being one of those people who much prefers to wear clothes that are reasonably unique and fit well - as well as ones that I feel comfortable in, enjoy wearing, are practical and most of all suit me - rather than be influenced by whats in and out of fashion or what other people think I should be wearing - has many benefits - as not only does it save a great deal of money but I never have to worry when reaching into my closet for something to wear - as everything I own can either be dressed up or down to suit any occasion.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I actually would rather dress in classic styles than the trends. Before, I am always up to date with the trends. I would go out and search for what a particular blogger was wearing. But then I realized, I am wasting money on clothes that I only wear a few times until they are not 'in' anymore. So I invested in clothes that are classic. They never go out of style and can be worn any time.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't say I really follow fashion trends. I always seem to be in either a blouse and black trousers/skirt for work or jeans and vest/tank top. I seem to have been weraing clothes like these for years - the only thing really changing with fashion is the cut of the trousers. I feel pretty boring really...

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe I was a kind of fashionista at some stage of my life and much time before this word was already coined, but due to my body shape (with a prominent bust) I had to invent my own fashion and wear what I feel comfortable and suitable with, not really caring if this is a fashion trend or not.

In fact, if something of my liking falls in the category of fashion trend, I try to avoid it and find something more classic style ;)

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Following fashion trends and fads can be pretty expensive. Since those who are very much into this sort of thing will not be caught wearing clothes that are out of fashion, wouldn't it be better to rent the clothes only when you want to wear them and on other days dress in other clothes you already have in your possession?

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really spent any time trying to develop a certain style, as I just match and mix whatever feels and looks good to me, and what I believe suits me. I can't be bothered with any kind of trends, and that includes fads. I feel bored with people who spend a lot of time trying to emulate whatever seems popular at the moment. I prefer individualists, and people with eclectic ways of dressing and living.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to make a point to follow all the current trends. I spent hours every day looking at fashion blogs and websites. Now I don't feel like I have time or that I want to do that anymore. I will basically go to the stores and pick what I like. Also, just from going to store you can kind of know what the trends are. You don't need to spend hours looking for that.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I don't follow the latest trends religiously. If I like something, it's good quality, it suits me, it's comfortable and affordable I'll buy it. The people I look to for inspiration and whose styleIi admire are very individual in their taste, don't follow the crowds and certainly don't apologise for it.