Fashion Trends

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by remnant • Mar 4, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Many people have a proclivity to follow every new fashion trend in vogue. You see them wearing the latest body wear despite the fact that they look awkward in it. I am not similarly inclined since I buy items depending on how presentable they are when I wear them and of course how they fit my frame and personality.

2. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I do have this friend who is very much inclined with the latest fashion trends that she doesn't really dress her age. I've mentioned in another trend that cute outfits and apparels usually catch my attention whenever I see one either on TV or somewhere else and I would sometimes buy those that look the same as what I have seen on TV but I don't necessarily buy everything I see to the point where I buy something that doesn't really flatter the way I look.

Anyway, this friend of mine buys the latest in fashion especially the ones she sees on magazines and most of the time they don't really look pleasant on her because she's just too old for them. She's happy expressing herself though so I usually just let her fashion tragedy pass because that's where she finds her happiness. For me though, I just follow what's fit for my age and for my body. I wouldn't try hard to fit into something that would look nasty on me. :)

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you @remnant@remnant! Fashion wasn't this uncomfortable, dreary and painstaking in the past. I recall women in the Graeco-Roman and Medieval eras who make an effort to wear fine gowns of the finest materials that flatter their figure and hair color. These days, you see celebrities and wannabes trying so hard, even going so far as to sacrifice their comfort. It makes me feel bad for them instead.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some are so lucky they can afford the new trends in fashion! I myself dress for comfort and cost. I call it the practical look for as long as it's clean and accentuates you why now? I'm happy in a t-shirt and jeans all week long even for dental appointments. :p

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to wear more traditional styles that do not go out of style and can be worn for years just by adding a few new accessories. My casual clothes are a little more trendy but not so that I am uncomfortable by being out of character for me.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I try to not buy clothes that are super trendy because you can't wear them when they go out of style and it is a waste of money. Unless the piece is drop dead gorgeous I am not going to buy it. I like to buy things that are timeless and are going to last me for a few years before I have to toss them out.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really follow fashion trends, so for sure I won't be guilty of that. I prefer comfortable clothing and I avoid buying anything that looks like a fad, since I don't wanna waste my money. I tend to just buy simple and classic pieces of clothing.

8. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I do not really follow much when it comes to fashion trends, but I do have to say that it is a good time to look back at some of the ones from the past and see how funny or ridiculous they look now. There are some really bad and questionable ones out there throughout the years.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With my age, I don't follow fashion unlike the younger ones who look silly with torn knees in their denims. But even when I was younger, I seldom follow the trends in fashion because I am a conservative dresser. And it's a good thing that my husband is the same, a plain dresser more for comfort than for the style or design.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fashion has never been something I've been interested in. And as clothes that "are in style" happen to be quite expensive and aren't often worn when they are out of style [and that takes only a few months] it wouldn't be wise for me to buy them. I prefer to buy clothes which are "timeless."

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to have classic clothes that can last over many years. I find this much more affordable. If you are a slave to fashion trends then you are forever buying new clothes to keep up with the latest styles. I often think the newest trends are for younger women as well. I still like to wear nice clothes but I pick my clothes based on comfort and how they look rather than if they are seen in a fashion magazine.

12. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I can't say that I follow fashion trends. I usually have no idea what's trendy this season and what's not. I buy what I like, what suits me well and what is the most comfortable. I'd never go for an item which I don't like just because it's fashionable. I also like clothes that will never go out of style because then I don't have to change my wardrobe every year.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think there's nothing wrong with following fashion trends, as long as you tailor them to your shape and style. You should always take on trends that fit you and leave the ones that don't!

14. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Not all trends are made for all ages, let alone all shapes. And I had to laugh at the part about teens wearing ripped jeans. My old elementary school teacher always complained about them. It got even worse when it was close to taking school pictures. She said she didn't want us dressing like hobos.

15. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I think people should dress according to their tastes and personality. I prefer to wear something that flatters my personality and that I feel comfortable in, rather than to follow the newest trends in fashion. In any case, fashion is always changing, so what is in style today would be out of style within a year or two. I can't say I know what the fashion trend is right now since I do not usually keep track of these things. As long as one is not dressing in an old-fashioned way, there is no reason to want to follow every new fashion that hits the market.

16. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that some of the fashion trends are cool but some of them are totally useless but i like to be little bit trendy but traditional too in case of fashion i make my own trends.:cool:

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do dip into some trends, but I'm far from being a religious follower of fashion. It'd be excessively expensive because trends change like the wind. Plus, I don't always like what's en vogue. On the whole, I prefer stuff that suits my body shape and can last me for more than one season, classic, well tailored clothes that don't become dated with the blink of an eye. For instance, you can't beat a well styled blazer that you can pair with almost anything. That way I save myself a lot of hassle, time and money.

18. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Trends are cool, but that's not something I feel I must do to be fashionable. I buy things that I like and that fits my personality. Besides trends are in one year and then the following year, it could be out. Being trendy can become expensive, I just want to be me and call it a day.

19. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I think following trends would depend on your lifestyle. Does your job require you to dress in your best? Do you always attend social functions? Are you always in front of the camera? Sure you can follow your own sense of style but don't expect people to be quiet about it. Personally, I would always prefer simple and comfortable clothing. I only go out when I have to buy something or if it has to do with anything at my son's school so no need for fancy and expensive apparel.

20. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I don't necessarily follow fashion trends (you'll never find me in high waist shorts and a crop top) but I won't shy away from something just because it's currently a trend (i love maxi dresses/skirts).