Fashion Versus Pricetags When Shopping

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Kieranlewix • Nov 20, 2017.

1. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Have you guys ever thought that sometimes style may be overrated? You may find that some of the clothes we are already used to are being sold at very steep prices just because of a little change made. A good example is the ripped jeans. In my country, a good pair of jeans will go for about $13. When that same pair of jeans has holes at different places and is faded at others, it will sell at $30. The ripped jeans fever was the period of time a year or so ago when these type of wear was causing all the fuss. I like to call it that anyway. Personally I was so thrilled with these piece of fashion that I spent so much money. Eventually, it dawned on me that some people somewhere were just poking holes and cutting some bits of material from jeans and selling the rest at double the price:eek:. Fashion is fluid in nature; it keeps on changing. It's seasonal nature makes spending very frequent on clothes. I find that it is better to just stick with plain official clothes than to follow what is trending and use all your earnings on fashion that will fade away in a couple of months at best.

2. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Just like you said fashion is fluid so I don't go over the top with it. They are someone else's idea too. I just create my own unique style with the pieces I've got and Also add affordable pieces to my collection.

Most people want to always wear the latest brands and tags which are almost always overpriced. It could be the same fabric and pattern and even design but just a label difference could make it thousands higher in price.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I will buy what I like and rarely look at the price tag. I will more or less know what my budget is for things I am looking for. I normally buy online where bargaining is absent. I prefer going for the best in terms of quality and for that I am prepared to pay a good price.

4. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I usually buy clothes from a stall with less price than buy a trending fashion/outfit. I don't do what others do like buy new stuff because that's what is trending. I am more into comfortable stuff even if somehow out of style.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    My order will always go price tag first and then fashion or style, but I cannot say that I shop that way all the time. Sometimes I do feel a little more open to spending, but it rarely ends up me actually buying anything that expensive.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a master of this topic because I don’t go for fashion. The cost of clothing, footwear, and even accessories matters most to me and I ignore fashion because of cost consideration. Right now the trend is the denim or jeans with scratched knees, no, I don’t wear that even if they say I would look younger in it. What if tomorrow that jeans would be out of fashion? I’d rather stick to my good old slacks.

7. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    Fashion can also be availed by not worrying about the price tag, yes both are possible at a same point of time. There are many online stores that give exclusive offers on trendiest fashion apparels.

8. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    This is why sometimes I do not follow a certain fashion trend. Why would I spend more on clothings with holes on it? I don't get why people call it "fashion" when it's just a pair of jeans with holes on it and it is more expensive than a regular jeans.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know why trending clothes are always expensive and get cheaper after a year or few months. I rarely go for latest fashion because of the high price tag but I also won't hesitate to buy the one I like provided I won't drain myself financially. It is good to spend on plain clothes since they are still nice and cheap. Clothes never last and so we should spend wisely.

10. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly when it comes to what real fashion is, it all comes down to personal taste. I would look at the price tag of the item first before making a final purchase. It really does not matter how in style a line of clothing is, if you don't have enough dough in your pockets then things will become difficult for you later down the road.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I go for price tag always as I see what's on the rack. I go window shopping and we have Ala Moana Shopping center where you can find CVS - Channel shops and everywhere in between. I went to the show window and saw a pretty clutch purse worth $1,200.00 and just stood there and walked away. Now Ala Moana is so huge, with Target at the Kapiolani Blvd. side where I love to go and compare prices with Walmart just up the block on Keeaumoku St. I love jeans too, and began to see like most of you those ripped and old looking jeans in fashion. I go to the thrift shop too and they got nice jeans shorts and long pants on the rack. I wanted a nice denim light jacket to keep me warm for the weather got cooler. My jacket which is water proof is so bulky, that I wanted a light denim to carry with me as I ride the bus getting my shopping done. I found a nice denim jacket that was on sale 40% off for long sleeve sale was on! Great! Sign up at Saver's for their email alerts so you'll know when the next sale will be on. Sales always saves you a lot of money. No one knows unless you tell them you got it at a thrift shop, that you're wearing thrift shop clothes. :cool::D

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    That's why I think that straight cut pants are the best ones to buy because they are "classic" and "timeless" and they never go out of style. The flared, skinny, ripped jeans go out of style relatively quickly.

13. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I am really having such a good and most adorable time for us all.