Fashionable coats?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Asuna • Nov 16, 2012.

1. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I have just realized that I have no usable coat for upcoming winter. Where do you buy your coats and what kind of coats do you prefer? Also, what colors are trendy this year? My old coat is navy blue but this time I would like to buy something different.

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say what's trendy for sure, but I have noticed more fitted costs with high collars. I like the fit coats so you don't have all that extra bulk. I live in an extremely cold area with lots if snow. I go for longer coats and hoods just to stay warm. It's a little tricky to be fashionable, but I've found things I like at Macy's and Kohls.

3. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my coats at Burlington Coat Factory. But my last two coats, I bought at JC Penny and Dots. The prices were too good to miss out on.

I believe the coat-styles that are in fashion this season are: fitted coats, mantle coats, mini-coats, and trench coats. Many of the trench coats are in military style. The good thing about coats is there aren't many styles for them. So, you can stay with the same coat-style for many years without running into styling problems.

I personally like military coats. My favorite coat is my apple-red military coat. It's double-breasted and has black buttons trimmed in gold. I can't wear it everywhere because of the color, but I still love it. :)

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    It all depend on what state you live in as to whether you need a heavy coat or not, but my favorite coat would be the pea coat. I love those because they are not to heavy and they come in different colors and they never go out of style. They are double breasted and makes for a great look when wearing dresses, skirts, and jeans also.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also buy my coats from Burlington Coat Factory. I don't go for in-style trends. I go for color and fit. I don't like black coats. Purple is my favorite color and it just so happens to in style this season. ;)

6. dewilsimmy

dewilsimmyNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for giving this such great details about purchasing fashionable coats. I like to purchase clothing from online stores. There are many types of material, design, pattern available in coats.

7. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I buy coats from pretty much anywhere. I go with whatever is fashionable to me because I like my own style which no one would wear but me. Sometime I like design on my coats but I seem to always wear the simple and plain ones lol.

8. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    I really like coats from Tulle. If I had the money, I would buy everything from the Burberry collection. They have a really beautiful deep plum coat from a few seasons ago.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I bought one on sale a couple months ago fro 20 bucks from Fashion 21 actually. I was shocked to see it so cheap, so I'm guessing it was last year's stock that they were trying to clear. It's still fashionable and looks great, so I was thrilled to get it.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy coats from amazon.com. Every time I have done this, I got a good, warm, and fashionable coat that served me well for a long time and for a decent price.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I like my coats to look good but to also be functional, practical and keep me warm in the winter. I really like coats with a detachable lining. These technical coats with detachable down linings are expensive but there are bargains to be had on eBay.

12. cheapnfljerseys3

cheapnfljerseys3New Member

Threads:
    Cheap NBA Jerseys

Boohoo has all the staple cover ups you need for AW12. Choose to channel the heritage trend in a quilted jacket, or embrace the utility trend in the military contrast sleeve coat. Take inspiration from the orient with our printed bomber jackets and floral kimonos, or rock this season’s gothic look with embellished PU jackets styled with cross print t-shirts. Glamourista’s will adore our wool coats and capes, and girls who are embracing the return of the ‘90s will want to go for denim jackets and women’s parkas styled with printed leggings. When the cold sets in, make sure you wrap up in style with our faux fur coats and fur gilets.

13. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I bought my winter coat 2 years ago. It was time to throw out my old ratty brown waist length winter coat. I usually shop at Burlington Coat Factory for affordable fashionable coats but that year I didn't see anything I liked. So I went to Macys' and bought a shiny Black Mid thigh length coat with hood and a cinched waist. The original price was $249 but I got it on sale for $99.

14. dhrynio

dhrynioMember

Threads:
    I am in Europe, so the place is not important. But the coat I bought this year is quite fashionable. I love the belt and the high puffy collar that can be used to block the wind.

, it is in Polish but you can see the pictures.

15. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy coats in black, and I'm not sure why. I guess it's a popular color, because almost everybody around here has a black or otherwise dark-colored coat. If you got a coat in a light color, like white, or yellow, or bright red, it would make you stand out... assuming that's your goal.

16. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I spent $50 on a black coat from JC Penney last year. It was on sale and really comfortable so I just had to get it. It doesn't get too cold around here in the winter so I don't need to wear my coat, a sweater works just fine.

17. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer a high quality coat. Some brands that I have owned include J. Crew, LL Bean, Eddie Bauer and REI. I have learned the best time to buy a coat is right before or after Christmas, as retailers are trying like mad to clear out inventory for their bottom line. I have also purchased on ebay, getting a very good deal on a quality coat.

18. VilliamErlin

VilliamErlinNew Member

Threads:
    Winter coats are much fashionable. The designs of this coats are much functionality and durability fabrics. Many old coats are very much in trends. It looks so beautiful and stylish which is much comforts to wear.

19. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been looking around for a fashionable and practical coat for a few months now. I'm going to wait for the January sales because the RRP prices are ridiculous. The other option is eBay, there are few items I've been interested in but they were not exactly what I'm looking for.