Fast Charging Charger For Smart Phone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by naruto100 • Mar 2, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    These days new phones comes with fast charging charger. But I guess those phones have fast charging mode too. But I wonder if we can use those chargers for other smart phones. As per my knowledge not every phone is having such fast charging feature, so it may damage phone too. I mean if we use high power charger with some other phone, then it may effect the battery. Not sure.

If anyone knows about it then please share your experience. Thanks in advance.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am careful when it comes to phone chargers. My wife's Samsung was ruined when its battery was overcharged. Now it cannot be charged anymore. We use an independent charger to charge the battery. Those fast chargers may ruin your phone. Be careful.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I thinks the same that's why I am avoiding that charger with other mobile phone. Though I have not tried it or I haven't any personal experience like you mentioned. But yes it can create battery problem later on. That's why I never used other charger than my phone's original charger for charging. Still I want to confirm it so I posted this one to read others experience.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Either it is fast charging or not, the battery charger I want is what being recommended for my phone. That is correct. The phone serviceability and life is affected by the kind of the energy that is charged to it. This is my personal idea. If it is fast charging battery phone charger. It could be drained fast too. The phone is not built for fast charging.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Every phone comes with its compatible charger for a reason. Using cross charges can harm the battery in a long run.

I am not aware of these fast chargers but they mustnly be compatible with phone batteries with similar features.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Chargers are quite inexpensive nowadays compared when phone's were first released. If you have broken your charger, you can get a replacement for a few bucks. In our place, there are tons of chargers being sold out, universal, originals, class A's B's and C's. Originals are the more expensive compared to the class ones but at least you're sure that it won't damage your battery and it is safe to use. That's why I always buy original chargers especially the ones for my phone's brand to avoid any issues :)

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady That's what exactly I think too, that is why I only use charger for my phone which it came with. I rarely use other chargers in emergency when I have no other options. I have read somewhere that if phone is not supported fast charging mode then high voltage charger may harm the battery. Still I have never tried it personally. But it look like everyone is having same opinion on this thing. So better to avoid other chargers for the phone, specially the fast chargers if they are not supported.

#7Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Always read the instructions on the charger, especially those that are generic or that are imported. I tend to prefer the ones that stop charging automatically, and I wrongly assumed all do that and they don't. Never charge an item when you are asleep or out of the house.

I charged an item overnight because my dad instilled in me it was cheaper electricity and woke up to a burnt out lead. It's not worth skimping on pennies for electricity when it can damage items and you end up buying a new lead.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Theo@Theo I always stay alert from over charging. I know it can surely damage the battery life. Later on it can create problem by decreasing life of battery. So even I used to avoid over night charging.

But that's not the only thing. I mean it is not about over charging, even if we are not over charging if we are using some other charger which is having higher voltage then it can damage battery too. Not sure but I have heard this thing. So yes better to use the original charger only. So that we can safe the phone.

#9Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My Android is a 2nd hand phone, it did not come with a charger but only with a charging cable, and I'm able to charge it with no problems using a universal battery charger, it gets charged in 90 mins flat via micro USB. I think if you are not sure of the exact voltage of your charrger then just charge it via USB port, at least that is much safer than using a direct charger that did not come with your phone.

11. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard that you should only use the charger which came along with your phone. Charging with other charges might harm your phone. I only use the charger which came with my phone and not anything else.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania But even charging with USB port we need plug for plugging in USB port. Well, we should also see the voltage of that thing. Otherwise it can create damage too. Not sure, I am just assuming it because it is also having input and output voltage mentioned. So it should be like that.

#12Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, I think that to be safe, you should always choose a USB voltage of 5 volts or 800 mA, that would guarantee fast charging. A universal battery charger has outlet for USB ports nowadays, and they are pretty much available everywhere, so you won't have a problem finding one if your phone did not come with a charger.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Yes, its true. Though right now I am having charger for my phone. So I never tried any other charger than its original one. I think it will be better like this. Though I am using power bank for my mobile. I wonder if it is okay or not as it is having high voltage than my charger.

#14Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Well if your battery doesn't decrease in battery life after using the powerbank for quite some time, then I guess it's not harmful to use for your phone. Powerbanks are quite cheap, so I intend to buy one too and see which is better, the powerbank or the universal battery charger.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Well, I have recently purchased my latest power bank of 20000 mah. So I am not sure if it is effecting my smart phone or not. May be only time will tell. But so far it is working fine. And also I haven't heard that power bank can effect the battery. so I think it should be okay.

#16Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, So how fast is the charging time when you use a powerbank? From my end, using a universal battery charger's USB port takes 90 minutes to charge. How about in your case?

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania My new power bank is quite fast. Normally it takes around 90 minutes to charge my 4000MAH phone's battery (which is bigger than normal phones) through charger. But when I charge it through power bank it get charged in almost 50 minutes. So I think it is quite quick. About damaging phone, my phones supports fast charging chargers so I guess that's why my phone is not having any trouble so far.

#18Apr 2, 2017
  19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Well 40 minutes is a lot of time to conserve, so it's always a plus if the phone charges fast. I constantly use my phone, and it's always browsing the net, and I find myself charging 4 times a day. The phone seems to last only for 4 hrs. max when you surf the net continuously, but it lasts longer when it's just in standby mode.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania In that case you surely need phone with higher battery. I am having phone with 4000 mah battery. Even my usage is on higher side. But with that much battery my phone is going good, at least I can manage whole day with that much battery. So if your usage is on higher side too then either go for new phone or power bank.

#20Apr 3, 2017