Fast Food: No Customer Service?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by MomFirst • Oct 11, 2014.

?

Do You Still Receive Customer Service?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rarely

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MomFirst

MomFirstNew Member

Threads:
    It seems these days the fast food chains also do "drive-thru" hiring. I frequent a lot of the same fast food places several times a week. Coffee, Tim Horton's, everyday. The people there are generally polite and they always get my order right and my doughnut and coffee taste fresh. I appreciate that so I do leave a tip but that shouldn't be the only time you're given quality service. I do know what it is like to be young and want to find a job just to make money. I know you may not be content where you are or could even be going through a bunch of personal stuff. Shouldn't be taken out on your customer. There should be a higher standard when hiring staff to deal with people and their food. Employees can be slouchy, moody, snappy, and even snobbish! I just don't see how they can talk and act with anything other than courtesy when customers are the lifeline of every business. We spend our money with some of these company's and it's almost like we are wrong for doing so. Yes, the least you can do is make sure you have the order correctly. Please be certain that all of the things I paid for are in the bag.

Have you ever been to a fast food restaurant where they not only have a sign saying ask for the condiments (not you ask me, the customer) but they seem upset when you do, or give you a packet of ketchup for a couple of large french fries?! I don't know if they are taking extra condiments out of their checks but I hope not because it is not that serious.

2. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I worked for McDonald's for a few years during college and they like to micromanage everything. If you order a small fry for instance, we can only give you one packet of ketchup. If you order a medium or large fry, we can give you two. If you order a four piece chicken nugget, we are "supposed" to give you only 1 container of sauce. Same with a ten or twenty piece, we can only give you two packets of sauce.

If you want more? Ask.

If you ask than you can get more. They don't hand out handfuls of the stuff anymore because people waste it. It's the same thing with napkins, forks, spoons, etc. If you want another one just ask. Usually the reason those at the drive-up get "bitchy" (and believe me I've worked with plenty of these people) is because they feel they have to stop what they are doing to help you.

I don't think anything will ever change in fast food regarding who they hire. The managers don't care if people are unhappy, moody, or anything like that. They just want their numbers to be good - because it makes them look good to the higher-ups.

I mostly avoid fast food places because I used to work in one. It doesn't matter if one person tries their best to make customers happy, the management will just cancel out what they have done.

Fast food can have good customer service - but those employees don't last long because they get so discouraged and they just move onto the next job.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree whole heartedly. I do have to say, though, that people are only human and human make mistakes. Its possible to get orders mixed up and/or totally forget an item. I don't believe most mistakes are intentialy made. Coming from fast food background, I know how very hectic fast food chains are.

If the same problems are constant, I say then there's a problem. I'd address the repeat issue to the manager and go from there. I expect people to make mistakes as there is no perfect person, place, job, etc.

4. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We have put a stop to most of the fast food restaurants we used to visit. With the unhealthy choices and the unclean environment, it just isn't worth it for us. The one fast food chain we do still eat at is Chick Fil A. The food is delicious and the prices are what you would expect for the quality of food you receive. The restaurant is extremely clean and the customer service is incredible!!!

Chick Fil A is by far the best fast food chain on the market now. :)

Danyel :)