Fast Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ExpertAdvice • Oct 10, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    We all love fast food-we get it almost instantly and it's tasty! what's not to like about it, right? :) How often do you buy fast food to eat and what are some of the fast food restaurants that you visit the most? Also, how do you and would you compare fast food restaurants to all you can eat buffets-which of the two gives you more satisfaction and which of the two do you visit more?

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I try to limit my fast food. I do like fries but fast food in general is not very healthy so I try to avoid it all together and eliminate the temptation. When I do eat fast food I like waffle fries. If I want something quick and relatively cheap to eat I'll grab a salad or sandwich to go from a grocery store or deli.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fast food is great for a quick hot snack, but I stick to things that are safe like breakfast items, an egg wrap and a hash brown. I like the odd portion of fries as well, but it depends on what else there is. If there is nothing else I will have fries or some onion rings.

Buffets are better if you have time, but the temptation is to eat more than you need for the sake of it, so sometimes it can be better value to order what you can eat. I do like the salad and soup buffets which can be good value as they are healthier as well. Many buffets have lots of carbs, but having a balance of items is a sign of a good buffet which brings in more people like Olive Garden.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy fast food at least 3 to 7 times in a month. I cannot really say I like buffet more than I like fast food because it all depends on my existing mood or preference. In terms of price, fast food has an advantage. In term of quantity and overall experience, a buffet restaurant has the advantage. If I have more budget at my disposal, I would prefer to eat buffets. Otherwise, good ol' fast food will always do.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    In my younger years I used to frequent fast foods quite often. But as I aged I learned how to cook and I became aware that this body of mine needs to be taken care of. As a result I stopped eating fast food almost completely, minus those party nights where before going home I buy a sandwich - because alcohol. I'd say that my finances and body are way better without that stuff, but I sure miss binging from time to time, heh.

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I love fast food for the convenience... although not for the health aspects of it. I must admit over the past few years they have added many more healthy choices to their menus and that's great. I can at least go there on occasion and enjoy it with my kids. I haven't been to McDonalds in years and have started going only to Chick Fil A and Wendy's when were having a quick lunch. I'm happy with both of them, especially Chick Fil A. I love their customer service and the restaurant is always clean.

I don't think there is much to compare with fast food and buffets. At least the ones we go to are a little more of a dinner atmosphere. I love them both though. :)

Hope this helps!!

Danyel !

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try as much as possible not to buy from fast food restaurants anymore. Both for health and price reasons. I know there are some options I could buy in fast food restaurants that could prove to be healthier and cheaper, but most of the nice tasting ones are substantially priced and if I'm just going to spend that much anyway then I'd much rather just spend it on some home cooked style food instead. Lots of restaurants put out food just as fast and even give lots more value for the same amount of money, so I just go to those more often instead.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Over the past few years I've greatly cut back on my fast food intake, usually only once or twice a month. Much of this is due to me working more from home, so it's an inconvenience to leave to go get fast food and get stuck in all that traffic. I don't miss it at all though since it all tastes too salty, artificial and processed to me. Plus they are often cooking much of it in rancid fryer oil that hasn't been changed in a long time.

I can make cheeseburgers at home that are far better and more satisfying than anything I would get at McDonalds or Burger King. And I prefer my oven baked hand breaded chicken nuggets made with whole pieces of chicken over their processed pink slime nuggets any day of the week.

If I do splurge on fast food, it's usually Chinese takeout or pizza since those are things I cannot make in a cost effective manner at home.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really crazy about fast food. I eat it a lot less than I used to unless pizza counts as fast food. I will eat pizza at pretty much any of the restaurants because it's my favorite food and it's nice to have variety. I like Popeye's though which I will eat on occasion but mostly only their chicken. I've also started eating Arby's on occasion but again I don't love it like I used to. All the rest I hate especially McDonald's.