Father's day gift from a man

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by classicnyer • May 30, 2012.

1. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    So... father's day is coming up and I think my (relatively new) husband should get him a gift, which means of course that I should get him one and put my husband's name on it. I asked my husband what do men usually get other men as gifts and he said "alcohol." Two problems there: Good alcohol is expensive and my father does not drink.

What's a good father's day present from a new son in law?

2. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    A card and his favorite food item. I think its rather personal. What is your father into? If he is mechanic than tools . A hunter then anything gunrelated. Sports fanatic? T-shirt of favorite sports team.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I would consider one gift being from both of you. Tools are always are safe bet and they usually come out with some new and unique ones every year that don't cost too much.

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    That sounds great but some people that I know don't appreciate what you give them so I am at a lost for whatever it is that this person wants because I have no job and try to do the best I can to get a little extra money to buy him something but I think I will pass on this one. But if anyone have any suggestions I will listen.

5. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    Take your father out for a good lunch/dinner (of course your mom as well) and tell them how much you love them and remember the old days when you would hold his finger and walk down in a park, how he would teach you many things, some very cherish able memories. I am sure it will be a best gift for him on the fathers day :)

6. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Last year, I bought him a Ralph Lauren tie. He liked it, but since he lives a few towns away from us, I haven't been able to get him anything this year. He was sad that only my fiancee and I called him up for Father's Day and wished him well.

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Make it a daddy day!!! Surprise him with his favorite breakfast, take him out to do something he likes (golfing, bowling, a movie, the beach, a sports game, shooting range) and make him a nice dinner at home. It shouldn't go over $50 since you'll be cooking both meals at home and just having a one time outting. Spend as much time with him as possible that day - fathers are seriously underappreciated.