Father's Day Is Kind Of Funny...

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by rz3300 • Jun 21, 2016.

1. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if anyone else gets this feeling, but shopping for Father's Day always gives me a good laugh at how different it is from other holidays. It might just be that my father is a very simple man, but I find myself buying thirty dollars worth of nuts or fishing bait and that is that. It is kind of a nice break from your traditional holiday shopping though, so that is certainly a plus.

What about others? Does anyone else get a similar feeling when shopping for Father's Day?

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The problem is that there is not as much emphasis placed on father's compared to mother's day, therefore, many persons find it a bit of a challenge to choose the appropriate father's day gift. Another aspect is that fathers are mostly not too concerned about receiving a gift a little recognition and some appreciation would be good enough for many.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess some father's aren't that big into it but others are. It depends on their love language. Some guys really feel that you care if you spend a lot... it makes them feel that you believe they are worth the expense. For some men, just a bit of acknowledgement is enough.

All men are different. All people are different. There just isn't a "one size fits all" gift that will work for everyone.

I try to find something suited to the person, based on his tastes. My dad was easy to buy for (rest his soul). My husband, on the other hand, requires a bit more creativity. I try to find something for him that is personal and was obviously chosen just for him, while still staying within the budget. It can be challenging.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dad is quite easy to please in that aspect. He welcomes cash gifts, food treats, or even just a simple greeting. I don't have much money, so I just greeted him. :D On that day he treated himself (and me) by having food delivered to his place.

5. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    On Father's Day, if we have extra budget we'd just order his favorite takeout and have a feast. Dad simply just wants to be remembered on their birthdays and on special days like this dedicated to them. We just ordered roast chicken, stir-fried noodles and some rice cakes for dessert.