Father's Day Will Have To Take The Back Seat When Compared To Mother's Day

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by explorerx7 • Jun 12, 2017.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Father's day will soon be here once again but as far as awareness and the build up to its celebration, Father's day pales in comparison to mother's day. Wonder why this is so. Aren't fathers as equally important as mothers are. I guess the die has been already cast and we will not see a change towards fathers been better celebrated.

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    My personal opinion is that both mother and father are equally important and why mothers day is special is that only mothers take care of their babies and spend lots of time with them and also a mother's love can never be replaced with anything in this world. But I am a daddy's girl and he means the world to me and therefore I celebrate both mather's and father's day memorable.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I consider them to be equally important. I guess the reason why mother's day it celebrated in a bigger way it's because us woman give birth to our children and are more connected with them. I on the other hand was always more connected with my father as he was always aware of how I was feeling.

4. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    Of course they are equally important, but the marketers know that men will usually spend much more on their wives for mother's day than women (sensible women...LOL) will spend on their husbands so they make much more of a fuss over Mother's day. Also men are much easier and cheaper to please than women are...

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Socially there is no difference between mother's day and father's day. However, commercially these two events are very different. Mother's day receives a great attention and Father's day is hush-hush affair. This is because cultural events such as father's day and mother's day have turned into consumerist tradition and these events been made into a commodity.