Favorite Apps For Losing Weight

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by cherokee • Feb 14, 2015.

1. cherokee

cherokeeNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone use apps for trying to eat healthy and/or losing weight? There are many apps out there to help with staying fit, but which ones are the best and most helpful to use? Personally, one of my favorites is called SparkPeople. It is basically a community of people who are looking to be healthy and they give you all sorts of tools to do that.

You can track your calories, fat, sugar intake, exercise, and anything else you can think of. It gives you tips and encouragement as well. They also provide personal blogs where you can post your goals and your progress to others.

Fooducate is also a good app to help educate you on the foods that we all consume. It is amazing what you can learn about food. What is your favorite app that you have found to help keep you fit or to aid in losing excess weight?

2. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I like My Fitness Pal. It tracks your food, calories, and nutritional values. It has a lot of good features, like it will remind your smartphone to log your meals, and it will take your movement off your smart phone and add it to your exercise, and add in more calories for you. The only problem is it doesn't just watch me and log what I'm eating itself! lol

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Yoga Trainer app on my phone and it helped me a lot in terms of staying in shape without so much intensive exercise. I also have 7 Minute Workout app on my phone just to get me started every weekend.

4. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I totally agree with this app. I used it for a very long time and it's really useful in every area of losing weight. It gives you a rough estimate of the caloric intake you'd be looking for to lose the set amount of pounds each week as well as allows you track your foods and work outs.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those who are fitness freaks, I suggest that you take a look at the Pact app. It's an app where you could make money by staying fit! Yep, that's right. It's hard to explain all the details here but the gist of it is that you would bet on doing something every day. If you are able to do something, you will be paid a certain sum of money. If you are not able to honor what you have stated, you will be the one paying money.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Even I use pact and I think it is wonderful. It has helped me a lot and monitoring my food intake and also my life in general. It is quite a good app and totally great.

7. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I just use 7 Minutes for work out. I'm not sure if it helps lose weight actually but I do know that it helps me maintain my weight. It's a great app if you're always busy with your work or you don't have time to work out or if you're just plain lazy like me.

8. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't found mine yet. I don't know what I want for my health app. In the past there were several betting apps that try to get people in shape by setting up goals, but I didn't really enjoy them. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of apps out there that could help me in my health goals. I just haven't found the right ones yet. Also, there are time limits on how much exercise I could do in a week.

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've tried most of those fitness apps, but I tend to uninstall them. Any app that counts calories is a pretty good app, although it's better to use them to simply see what you're eating and how much rather than to overly limit your intake. A strict calorie count isn't always the best thing for people after all.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never used any of these apps, and you are right troutski; I am one of those people who are not fans of strict calorie counting. I'd much rather eat sensibly and enjoy my eating experience. I imagine it'd take the fun out of eating. Well, for me anyway.