Favorite Beer Brand

Discussion in Food & Drink started by deecee • May 10, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    What is your favorite brand of style of beer? I like Guinness or a Czech pilsner. For domestic beer my favorite is Budweiser.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I live in Spain, and I like San Miguel and Amstel beers - particularly Amstel, which is not so gassy as some Spanish beers. I've never been a fan of stouts and other ales - they just seem too heavy for me. I also enjoy Kronenbourg 1664, although it's difficult to get here, and when it is available it's expensive. When I'm in France, I always buy a couple of cases to take home with me.

3. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Duvel,for me the best beer ever brewed. Smooth fresh Belgian brew, on the strong side for those not used to special brews. Hoegaarden Grand Cru is a close second. Hoegaarden is well known in the UK for its fresh summer beer, perfect with a slice of lemon on a sunny day.

4. skyby7

skyby7New Member

Threads:
    I have a few favorite beers.

-Sleeman (Canada)
    -Alexander Keith's (Canada)
    -Corona (Mexico)
    -Sapporo (Japan)

They each have a unique taste. I don't like american beers, they're close to water.

5. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    You know, I not too picky when it comes to beer. :) I do prefer darker beers like Heineken, some of the Samuel Adams beers, but I can also be satisfied with some of the really cheap beers like Country Club. I just like the flavor of it.

I would like to try some more robust beers, though. I'm thinking about ordering some sample packs online.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a total novice about beers. I have always hated the smell, and would never have considered tasting it. Finally, my husband got me to try a taste of his beer along with our Mexican dinner . He had a Negra Modelo, with a little salt, and some lime in it. I was amazed that it actually tasted great, and went perfectly with the chips and salsa. Now, when we have Mexican food, I enjoy the ice cold beer and lots of lime, along with my meal. At home, he likes Steel Reserve, and one can of that is plenty for me ! But I have gotten where I do enjoy it with dinner sometimes.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have 4 different favorite beers. I like Stella Artois, Tsingtao, Singha and Kirin. My least favorite beer is Budweiser, it tastes like fizzy water to me.

8. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    Anyone ever tried Xingu? It's a black beer from Brazil, I've only found it a handful of places. So, so good chilled.

9. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink a lot of beer so I have a very limited range to choose from. But I would have to say Corona. It could just be cause I have a lot of good memories and Mexican vacations associated it with it.

10. WadeWilson

WadeWilsonNew Member

Threads:
    I must go with the Bud Light Platinums. They go down very smooth and have a kick like a well brewed German beer. Honestly its one of the best beers for your dollar.

11. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I really prefer lite beers, they do not make me feel so bloated. But my favorites are Labatt Blue Lite, and Michelob Lite. Bush Lite is a cheaper brand but it is actually not to bad. I have tried some of the Samuel Addams beers before. And some of the flavors are different but nice with certain meals. The Octoberfest by Samual Addams is good ,as well as the Boston Lager.

The only beer that I never had a taste for was Budweiser. And it made me feel ill for some reason as well. Even the Lite version did not sit well with me.

12. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I think most would say Budlight since they came out with the new flavor Limerita and Strawberita. That's all I hear about now a days of how good it is. They really stepped their game up.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not very particular about beer because I'm not really a big drinker. So I mostly just drink whatever is available unless the flavor really doesn't appeal to me. Whenever I can, however, I try to grab for a Corona or a Heineken, I find those two brands to be the ones that appeal to my taste the most. I don't know what it is about those brands, but I think it's because the bitter taste isn't as strong as with other brands.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the Mexican and Brazilian beers, I prefer the flavour and they are lighter. Corona Extra and Brahma are probably my favourite. I find they don't leave a bitter taste like the European beers. I used to like San Miguel but not so much now.

15. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Red Horse is very popular here in the Philippines. You can never go wrong with Red Horse.

I'd have to say my favorite international beer would probably be HoeGaarden. I believe it's from Germany. What I like about the beer is that for some reason, it's quite creamy to me. It's also foamy in some way, and it's really quite delicious.

I'm more of a beer person compared to hard drinks.