Favorite Book?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by xcmiller93x • Apr 27, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I want to know, what is your favorite book?

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Well, my favorite book of all time, thus far, is The Alchemist by the South American author, Paulo Coelho. I just loved that book so much, it is like a fairy tale for adults. It is simply a beautiful book. What is your favorite book?

3. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I have many favorites because I am an avid reader, but I think my all-time favorite is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

4. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I constantly try to read as much as possible in as many different genres as possible, even if I might end up not liking it. I have to say though, my current favorite is Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. I just love me some semi-serious comedy novels. lol

5. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    The Harry Potter Series. If I was to be exact, I loved the 3rd one (Prisoner of Azkaban).

I thought the series was perfect from start to finish.

There haven't been too many series that I have loved like I did Harry Potter. There have been many standalone books that I have adored, but as a series, I think J.K Rowling nailed it with Harry Potter. She wove a wonderful tale.

6. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    That's such a hard question, but I think my all-time favorite book is The Little Friend by Donna Tartt. She has one other novel that's good, and I so wish she'd write more! I love Southern gothic fiction.

7. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite book is Ten Cents A Dance by Christine Fletcher. It's a book set in Chicago in the 1940s. It's about a teenage girl, and it's a wonderful story.

8. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    I loved The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. It adds sooo much to the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

9. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I think I must say the same. Although I read really a lot, HP was one of those (not many) I've read greedily and fast.
    The second place would be Trudi Canavan and the Black Magician trilogy. I loved it a looooooooooot.

10. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    Anyone read the Little Prince?forgot the author but it has french origins. Its a really good book a must for every bookworm.

11. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    If I had to choose a series C.S. Lewis would be going up against Madeline E'ngle with Garth Nix going after the winner. However as far as single books go that would to The Time Traveler's Wife. It is just a fantastic book so much so I still haven't tried to watch the movie I have.

12. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I also love Harry Potter. I became an avid reader only about 1 year ago and the Harry Potter series got me into reading. My friend kept telling me to read the series since they said they were the "best ever" and only book he has ever liked. I began the series with book 1 and finished with book 7 five months later. I was so happy reading up to the end but then once I read the last sentence I just sat there for a little bit... I thought to myself, "That was amazing...but now it's over. I will never read another Harry Potter book again". Of course I got over these after a few days but the series was just so amazing and I think that anyone that says they dislike it just haven't really given it a chance.

Over the past few months I have read a lot of different books but I have actually been focused on the Gears of War novel series. I know it is a Video Game but the novels are still just as good and they go around what was covered in the video game so you aren't reading the same thing that you were playing.! I am half way through the 4th novel "Coalition's End". The fifth and final Gears of War novel was released today so once I finish the 4th I can jump right onto the last one. Since I only started reading a year ago it is still hard to pick a favorite as I am trying to cover every book I have missed over the years!

13. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    My ultimate favorite will always be Harry Potter. Never before has a book series ever made me imagine so many things, and never have I seen a book series so in depth when it comes to its fictional details.

Another series I'm into now is The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. I've only read its first book (The Alchemyst), but I'm planning to get the others as well. It's another wonderful fantasy series about the adventures of Nicholas Flamel in the modern world.

14. Court_Dhey

Court_DheyNew Member

Threads:
    This book very well written and interesting, I enjoy the journey that the young man (I've forgotten his name) goes on and all the new people he meets. My husband introduced this book to me when we were dating, saying that it was the only book he read from start to finish. I've never seen him pick up book, unless the book had the word "comic" on it, so I had to see what the book was all about. It turned out to be one of my favorite books as well.

My all time favorite though, would have to be the Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R Tolkien. I love the depth of character back story and how each race has well drawn out origins and beliefs. The elves even have a written language and spoken language, which must have took years to do. The dedication Tolkien had towards his story is awe inspiring.

15. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    I would like to add one of my favorites is The world according to Garp. It is very interesting story about a boy growing up,I would not go into detail. I would recommend that you read the book for you to understand why I can not describe the book in detail.

16. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    "Another Fine Myth" by Robert Asprin. Light, fun fantasy series that does a better job at the mechanics of "magic" than Harry Potter. Recently released with the second book from the series in one paperback.

17. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite book is Guyton and Hall Textbook of Physiology! LOL! I praise this book so much because this is the book that made me pass freshmen year in medschool. :D

18. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a favorite book, but I do have a favorite book series. I mostly read those rather than single books. My favorite is The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (RIP) followed by The Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin. I was a fan of those ten years before Game of Thrones came on.

19. Animachine

AnimachineNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite book was Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut. By the end of the book, there is no way of telling whether Billy Pilgrim is on a morphine trip, in a coma, dead, or watching it all play out from an alien planet. After some deep thought, I think it is all possibilities at once, and it's all tied to the alien planet. Has anyone else read this book?

20. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I have a lot of favorites and a lot of books. I also have the nook. I love to read. I am a diverse in what I read. It can be anything from Nora Roberts to even the Harry Potter series. I love a good story. I also love biographies or autobiographies.