Favorite Book?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by xcmiller93x • Apr 27, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    It's the same kind of question when people ask for your favorite motion picture of your favorite song/tune. It's impossible to answer because there is just so many. I can provide some of my favorite books, which I think is fair.

"Crime and Punishment" - Fyodor Dostoevsky

"Death in Venice" - Thomas Mann

"The House of the Dead" - Fyodor Dostoevsky

"Candide" - Francois Voltaire

"The Black Sheep" - Honore de Balzac

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I like Love You More by Lisa Gardner, and pretty much any other book by her. That one is my favorite though.

3. Sandy

SandyNew Member

Threads:
    I don't have a favorite book but I enjoy reading fiction. It's like junk food, tasty and goes down easy. When I need some mental stimulation I go back to the classics from Voltaire, Wilde, and evn Tolkein

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, yes I have and I greatly enjoyed so much so I ended up reading all of Vonnegut's books. The funny thing is that the only reason I went looking for this book is because of a fanfiction involving Billy Corgin... Yeah I know.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Mine is "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. I don't think it is the best in literature, but it was just so helpful to me when I was a teen. It helped me in so many ways and for that, it is my favorite.

6. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    Really interesting to see everyone's favourite books, Some of which I have never heard of before.

As for myself, I definitely believe that Charles Dickens "Great Expectations" is one of the best books written before.

Although 1984 is also an absolutely amazing book.

So perhaps maybe both, haha.

7. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    It looks like you like classics :p
    I hate classic books, don't ask me why, it's just how I've react all my life.
    But from you list I like "Crime and punishment" although I read it only once I still hope I'll read it again.

8. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I have a lot of favorite books but I would say that my favorite book isn't actually a book - it's a graphic novel. I like Scott Pilgrim because it's light and doesn't drag me down after a long day at work. I read it over and over again.

9. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    Picking just one book is really difficult! I guess the one that first jumps to mind is Anna Karenina, I really loved it and could read it over and over again. Luckily, when I read it I hadn't seen any of the movies or anything so didn't know too many details of the story which made it more enjoyable.

10. katlynelyse

katlynelyseNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely have to agree here. The Harry Potter series is probably one of the greatest series from start to finish. Prisoner of Azkaban is also my favorite book of the series. I also liked the Lord of the Rings trilogy but for me, I haven't found a series I've loved as much as Harry Potter.

11. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Harry potter series for me, read all of them and loved every page, would love to read the game of thrones book series (A Song of Ice and Fire), but i can't find them anywhere here :(

12. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I think I must be the odd man out. I have tried watching the Harry Potter movies. Although I liked them, somehow I couldn't finish watching any of them to the end. It's rather strange, actually. I can watch the Star Wars series a few times. Same with Lord of the Rings. Yet I could not get hooked on Harry Potter. Of course, I haven't even touched any of the Harry Potter books.

13. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite book is Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. She's one of my favorite authors who writes Young Adult Contemporary fiction. Lock and Key has been the kind of book that teaches me a lot of things in life. I also like the characters, which some of them relate to the life I live now.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not into fiction books, I'm more into new age and self help books. So right now, I'm loving several books written by Linda Goodman, namely "Sun Signs" and "Love Signs".

#34Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  15. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite book is named a Child called IT. It's a true story about a little boy who grew up with an abusive mother it's very sad but has a happy ending. I like to read true stories i'm not really into fiction unless it's really really good lol.

16. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I have two favorite books: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and Royal Road to Romance by Richard Halliburton. They are both very different from each other, but the reason they are my favorites is because of the impact they have both had on my life. F451 taught me to value humanity over technology, and to treasure time and learning through books. RRtR taught me to get out there and make an adventure of my life, taking the obstacles as plot twists and using them to my advantage. I would be a different person if I had not read and loved these two books, and I'm much happier as the person I am today, than the person I was before these books!

17. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have two favourite books and they could not be more different from each other:

1. A Child Called It - a book by Dave Pelzer who documents about the mental and physical abuse he suffered at the hands of his mother, it is the only book that I would have to stop reading every couple of pages because my eyes were blurry from the tears.

2. Have a Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks - an autobiography by wrestler Mick Foley (Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love), it is one of the funniest books I have ever read in my life and is full of funny wrestling anecdotes.

18. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard about "The Little Friend". Isn't it one of the classics that's been written a long time ago? I have to check this book out this week. Thank you for the recommendation!

19. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    Book!

My favorite book is David Levithan's Everyday.I grew up reading Sidney Sheldon, my sister's favorite author. Name it, she has all the books of Sidney. Being an avid reader too, I was able to read a handful of his works but none stuck to me as much as David Levithan's Everyday. Maybe because it was the first book that I purchased. Maybe because it's very appropriate to my age. Maybe because it's a great book. Whatever it is, I just love this book!

20. Joepal

JoepalNew Member

Threads:
    MY favorite book is Revolution 2020 written by Chetan Bhagat. Its a noval. that defines love,politics and ambition between three characters.