Favorite Brand Of Cheese And Onion Crisps?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Theo • Jun 18, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the UK, cheese and onion flavored crisps are quite traditional and I have rarely seen them anywhere else. They are similar to sour cream and onion, but have a sweetness to them which makes them taste so good.

Most people like Walkers, but they have been messing with the recipe and the lites taste different to the baked ones, which are now better than the original. I prefer Golden Wonder as there is something savory about them that makes them taste so good, I usually have to have two bags.

What's your favorite and do supermarket own brands come close? I tried the Tesco ones and I think maybe Golden Wonder make them as they are okay.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought the very same thing about Tesco crisps - their similarity to Golden Wonder. They probably do make them. I like Walker's for crunchiness and size but prefer GW for flavour.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought it maybe the case and perhaps all the supermarkets use them to make their own brands? It's a cheaper way to get Golden Wonder. I know in the own brand multipacks they also do chipsticks, cheese puffs and onion rings for 60p so it's much cheaper than the original brands. Not everywhere stocks them though, only the bigger branches, so I do buy them when I can.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm probably going to be boring here, but I am going to have to say that my favorite flavor of cheese and onion crisp would have to be the Walkers brand. Sometimes I feel like they can be a bit strong, where as the supermarket brands can be a little weak in flavor. They leave your tongue seeking more, because something feels incomplete.