Favorite brand of computers?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by xcmiller93x • Apr 29, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone!

I have a Sony Vaio, and It's pretty nice. I don't really have a favorite though. I know what I don't like. I don't like HP, Compaq, Acer, eMachines, Gateway, and others..

What is your favorite or least favorite brand of computer?

2. masteraljon

masteraljonMember

Threads:
    why don't you like the other pc brands that you mentioned, did you try atleast one of them? im using an acer laptop, and i really satisfied with it.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Acer netbooks are fine, not the best. My mom has one and it's not as good as my Dell's. The battery lasts very little time, the charger keeps on getting disconnected for no reason, and 1 USB slot doesn't work. But maybe it's just hers..

Anyway, anything from Dell, Toshiba, HP or Sony VAIO tops my list. I've tried all 4 brands before and every computer has worked like a charm for me!

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Lenovo laptops computers. I own two ThinkPads. I love them. I don't like HP and Compaq. I've owned both those brands in laptop and desktop form. I do need to buy a desktop within the next six months. I love Lenovo, but never used their desktops.

5. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    I used to own an HP laptop and I thought it was great. However, recently it went bust and now I am wondering whether it was really worth it. The laptop lasted for about 3 years, but it had many battery issues along the way.

Now, I own a Toshiba laptop and it's been working wonderfully. There haven't been any issues and I have had it for about 6 months now. There is obviously a long way to go before I can fairly compare it to my HP.

Nonetheless, I am impressed with Toshiba.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is a Compaq mine has lasted me 5 years and it still works. I've used some laptops in the past such as Dell, Sony Vaio, and emachines. I didn't like those brands though, so I just stuck with Compaq as my main brand. I had a co-worker of mine complain about the Sony Vaio, and he said it died within one year. I was a little put off by that comment, so I was hesitant of buying a Sony Vaio.

7. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    After having terrible luck with HP and Dell, I went with a Toshiba, and I loved that computer! Unfortunately, I did something to it after about two or three years, and it went beyond repair. Over the next year, I went through five different computers (each one tore up or I dropped it or something), and now I'm back to a Toshiba. I also loved my Compaq (back before they were owned by HP), but you can't really get that anymore.

8. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I've found that there aren't really a brand of computer that I like in particular. I don't own a laptop myself but I got to try out an Alienware gaming laptop and man, does that thing pack a punch! I know most people don't really use laptops for gaming but for a laptop to have that much power, is just beyond me. Then again the price is pretty steep, so it is justifiable.

9. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I love my Acer Aspire netbook. The small size makes it extremely convenient to tote along. It has all the features I need or want.

10. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    HP all the way. I had a Sony it was a lemon, had a Dell and it was good. But then bought a Dell lap top and for 2 years fought with them it was a lemon big time. I finally went to the Vice Pres of Dell and got my money back after 2 years! Now HP is all I will look at.

11. alexis712

alexis712New Member

Threads:
    I have an eMachines d620 laptop. Now, people think eMachines is one of the corniest laptop makers in the world today. They used to have a lot of issues with quality, but being acquired by Acer must have done them some good. This laptop of mine is 3+ years old and went through a lot of abuse but it is still going strong.

12. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I'm a gamer so I build my own rig...

I don't usually buy computers, but if I did it would either be an ASUS or Alienware.

13. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've tried all of them, and they all were bad. I also don't like the look of them.

14. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Honestly, all are more or less the same.
    Someone used HP and it broke down, so they don't like it anymore. The same with Acer, Sony, Samsung, Asus and many more. It's the price. If the price is low, the product can't be very very good. And all laptops at the level of around 600 euro are, like I wrote before, almost the same. I used to like HP.. until it broke down ;) Now I've got Acer and it's okay, because it works. If it brakes down, I will hate it :p

15. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Valid point, violino.

It's all about personal experiences. I am certain each brand has it's high end laptops. We tend to buy the lower end models and judge whether an entire brand is rubbish or not. This isn't fair on the companies because their high end models are probably terrific.

Nonetheless, certain brands do have a tendency to have a lot of negative experiences attached to them. When these experiences start accumulating, you have to wonder if there is a major problem with the brand!

16. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I had a Compaq, and the charger would always randomly break. We had to buy like 3 new chargers for that laptop within a couple years. It was ridiculous. Then it just stopped working, and it wouldn't turn on anymore. We don't even use it. My mom bought a Mac because she was done with the Compaq. She was fed up. My friend had an HP, and the same thing happened to her! She had to replace the charger so many times. Compaq is made by HP so I guess that explains it.

17. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to PCs my favorite brand is Dell. I've had three desktops and they've all been customized Dell computers. I just love the brand since it's really reliable. I've had my current one for years now and it's still working perfectly fine. For laptops, I'm a Toshiba person. This is due to a personal preference of mine. My first laptop was a Toshiba and I really liked it a lot so I kept on buying that brand. I'm on my third one right now and when I do purchase another one I think I'm sticking with the Toshiba.

18. Markeeze2

Markeeze2New Member

Threads:
    hmm you don't like the look of HP? I personally love them and unless you get the high end Envy or Dv models you are going to have problems lol. Asus is also another one of my favorites, my mother has one and that thing just wont quit. The new xps 13 is making me take a second look at dell, but Hp and Asus are my favorites.

19. fallace

fallaceNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite brands are Apple, Lenovo, and ASUS, by far the three highest quality makers around, with the best products around (especially in the high-end laptop segment).

20. Acronix

AcronixNew Member

Threads:
    You really can't compare these brands if the specs aren't the same. If you say that one brand is better than the other, have you had a first hand experience using both of them with exactly the same specs? Because who would know that the reason why you don't like brand B is the fact that it's still running Windows 98 on a P4 while the new computer you have now is running Windows 7 on an i7 processor.

With all specs being the same I think that the differences will now lie on durability and aesthetics. Personally I prefer Acer and ASUS brands because a lot of people has already proven their longetivity and I like their new designs as well. I'm currently using an Acer laptop but will soon buy an ASUS with a much higher specs.