Favorite brand of computers?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by xcmiller93x • Apr 29, 2012.

1. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have two Acer laptops one having bought 4 years ago and the other I just bought recently. It is not really my favorite but it is the only brand that I have used so far and I have no complains regarding their performance and efficiency. As I've said, the old one is already 4 years old but it is still working and it is still in good condition.

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I've had a variety of brand computers since the mid-1990s, such as the Acer, IBM, Dell, Sony and had experience with the HP. Out of all those computers, the Dell has been the most reliable, efficient and dependable brand, in my opinion anyway. The Sony Vaio was ineffective within just a few months, the old IBM and Acer obviously could not keep up with the evolving computer technology and the HP was just awful.

The next time I purchase a computer in the next 10 years, it will definitely be a Dell again.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    For the most part, I have only had HP computers and I've been pretty satisfied with them. My old desktop lasted far more years than anyone would've imagined and it wasn't until it just died that I had to get a new one. I've had some issues with my netbook, but that may have been on me in regards to how I went about charging the battery.

4. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Since I do a lot of graphic design work as well as photo/video work I pretty much have to have my Macbook Pro. It's also great because my iPad and iPhone are automatically synched with it, makes my life much easier. I can't stand using Windows either, it gives me a headache!

5. mikydiky

mikydikyNew Member

Threads:
    Apple has the best computers. You pretty much pay for quality henceforth the price ranges on their computers. Apple computers are well built and never made with cheap plastic. I prefer quality and dont care too much for the graphics cards and memory. Apple offers simplicity, elegance, and brilliance. Their products are genius and intelligent and beautiful.

6. olliesub

olliesubNew Member

Threads:
    My two favorite brands of computers are Apple and HP. First, Apple makes very solid laptops and desktops. They are also high-powered, so I don't need to worry about getting a slow device! They also have very good software, that including the whole Mac OS. My second favorite is HP because of their stylish and customizable notebooks. You can choose specifically what processor you want, hard drive, etc. They also have great service! I would suggest these two brands to anyone looking for a high-end computer.

7. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I like any brand right now except for ones with the name DELL on them. I have had one and it is the worst computer I have ever had. Highly recommend not getting this brand of computer.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that HP, Dell and Acer are quite durable from my experience. I really don't have any least favorite brand though, maybe because I haven't used a defective pc yet.

9. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like any brand of computers as what matters to me are the specs and components of it. It's not about the brand. Look and brand are just minor issues to me when it comes to computers.

10. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say its my favorite brand but my ACER ASPIRE which I use for my writing I've had problem free for 3 years and I use it everyday. We have another Acer computer although this one is a desktop and its been problem free for 2 years. I also bought it for a reasonable price so I can't complain.

11. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    No favorite computer brand, but i should say i don't like HP. Bad review of that brand can be easily found on forums.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Dell, Gateway and HP Compaq, I prefer the Dell it is a desktop that is about 6 years old. My Dell has had kids playing games on it and still working. The Gateway is my least favorite.

13. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Well a few mentions for Macs (aka Apple) but not too many. I have been a Mac owner and user basically from the first time I bought my own computer. A Mac Classic II. That is a few years back. All were desktops too.
    I have used other makes but only owned Mac. Most Mac owners are generally happy with them and stick with the brand.
    Ryder13

14. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have I a favorite computer but I do know that I don't like the emachines. Other than that one I am ok with most computers as long as they get the job done.

15. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have a gateway so far I love it but don't really have a favorite

16. Greatdealgina

GreatdealginaNew Member

Threads:
    Well, I like my laptops to be Asus. They have one that's 16 gigs of ram and a really super nice graphics card that I want/

Least favorite would have to be HP. Love their printers, don't care for their laptops.

17. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I have a Dell inspiron 15R laptop.It's performance is very good.I become fan of it because of it's speed and look.

18. johan121

johan121Banned

Threads:
    I love Lenovo laptops computers. I own two ThinkPads. I love them. I don't like HP and Compaq.

19. MardenI

MardenINew Member

Threads:
    Had a dell pc - never had a problem.
    Then a HP Compaq - same thing - still going strong.

May be I could be wrong, but I think that nowadays computer are technically okay, compared with say 10 years ago.

20. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    I currently own an Acer Aspire 5755G and I am very pleased of my machine. The only con is that the battery has become weak very quickly (bought it 1 year and 3 months ago, the battery is almost wasted already). I like Acer, generally it runs smoothly, although it's not very good-looking, like Sony Vaio.