Favorite cell phone service?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Mayvin • Feb 24, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Curious to know what cell phone service everyone is using and which one you would rate as a good buy with overall good service? There are so many to choose from today and it can be hard to pick so could use some advice.

2. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I have always and will always love Verizon. I just recently left Straight Talk, 2 weeks ago to be exact. I like Straight Talk 's monthly plan for $45 but they just don't compare to Verizon plus the customer service is horrible. I had Verizon before Straight Talk and switched for financial reasons but I'm back now and am so happy!!

3. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    The best cell phone service out there is Virgin Mobile. Simply because you get the to use the Sprint network. Which usually cost 79.99. If you use it though virgin mobile it only cost $35 for unlimited data, and text. I use Google voice so i don't need a voice package. I am loving the savings.

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with this 100%. Not a lot of people know that Virgin Mobile uses Sprints network. Boost Mobile is a option too. They also use Sprints network, but their plans start at $50 a month for unlimited Talk, Text, and 2GB of data. That comes with a loyalty program that can reduce your bill to $35 a month if you keep the service long enough. In my opinion Boost Mobile offers the best deal.

5. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I've only had AT&T and T-Mobile, and I can honestly say that AT&T is better. The customer service at T-Mobile was the worst that I've ever seen. They forced us to make a change so we went to AT&T.

6. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    I've had a lot of luck with Verizon. I think that you need to check the coverage in your area, as that'll usually determine which service is right for you---there are parts of the country where Verizon would be a very overpriced choice. But, in my city, Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T have very poor coverage, to say nothing of the small competitors. Metro PCS just expanded into the area, and I couldn't possibly go with them until I was sure I'd get great service and signal.

7. theshaynee

theshayneeNew Member

Threads:
    I've had At&t since I first got a cell phone. My grandparents have me on their family plan and have since I was in my teens. I've never really used anything else so I have nothing to contrast it against but I do really like it. I rarely have any complaints. Well...other than the fact that looking at the bill my grandparents have to pay makes me feel like they're being robbed blind.
    Oh and the fact that I go in for a free - FREE - upgrade and all of a sudden I have to pay $50 tax and installments for the next 18 months. Really At&t? Really?
    Sorry, I know you asked for our favorite but like I said, I have nothing else. :/

8. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I currently use Walmart's "My Family Plan" mainly because it is affordable for everyone is my household. We get our unlimited data and service that we need for an affordable price. I used to use Verizon and T-Mobile but the prices just got outrageous.

9. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    In Canada we have Rogers; it's fairly decent. I pay $60/month and get unlimited Canada-wide calling (therefore I never worry about long distance charges), unlimited text, 1 GB data (which is more than enough because I have wifi at home) and you're regular voicemail, caller id, etc. I would prefer to look into a couples plan soon, I mostly call my husband anyways. Does anybody have experience with a couples plan?

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I noticed that in the US, it's the norm to have a cellphone plan subscription, while over here in the Philippines, it's more common to have a prepaid subscription. So I would have to say that I'm quite content being a prepaid subscriber, since the cost of text messages and calls are very cheap nowadays, like you can text unlimited for 5 days for less than $1 per promo subscription. Over here we have a lot of call, text, and internet promos that suit every subscriber's budget.

11. Nicole87

Nicole87Member

Threads:
    I use Straight Talk's monthly plan. I'm not sure whether it's the best monthly plan or not, but I do get quite a lot for just $45 a month. Talk and texting is unlimited, and so is the use of mobile Internet, but you only get 2.5GB of fast mobile Internet. Once you have used that up, you can still browse the web on your mobile phone, but it won't be as fast as it was before. For me that's never been a problem, though. I don't really use Internet on my phone that much anyway.

12. wkramos20

wkramos20New Member

Threads:
    Straight Talk is the best. I've had AT&T, Verizon, Straight Talk, and Sprint in my life. Straight Talk is the absolute best. Straight Talk had the best signal strength. It is also the cheapest. I only use Straight Talk now. Straight Talk is also easy to obtain. All you have to do is buy a $45 dollar card each month which gives you unlimited texting, calling, and internet.

13. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I have personally been with T Mobile for a while now. I had tried Sprint before but was less than satisfied with the customer service. Even when it came to simple issues that should have had a very simple solution, they would still struggle way too much for my taste and in the end it really just wasn't worth my time or money. I've considered Verizon, but at the end of the day they don't have the greatest deals for your money. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with T Mobile and most people in my area have them too and are pretty satisfied. My advice would be to shop around and see which provider offers the best coverage in your area and which is best for the amount you'll pay every month. Another option is pay as you go plans which most major providers offer now days.

14. bms00

bms00Member

Threads:
    I use T-Mobile. They provide the same service as AT&T or Verizon for about $10 less a month. I've had better luck with their customer service than I had previously with Verizon. Another thing I like about T-Mobile is there's no way to go over your data limit. Once it's used up it just makes your data speed really slow. With Verizon, they kept serving data without telling me I was over, then sent me an exorbitant bill. That's the reason I switched.

One thing I will say is T-Mobile is not as good if you're in the country or far suburbs. But in major cities their service is just as good as AT&T and Verizon.

15. mizzperdue

mizzperdueNew Member

Threads:
    I currently use Metropcs, and it is unlimited everything. I use to like sprint but you have to pay for to many features like text messaging, call usage, internet and any extra. I pay no more than $40 a month every month. Metropcs is going to put the rest of these service providers out of business real soon. They have the best plans, maybe not phones but, its worth it.

16. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    I've always received the best coverage and speeds through verizon. But despite the excellent speeds, it's painful to know that Verizon's nickel and dime-ing us. If you can't afford Verizon, I think the next best option is tmobile. Coverage and speeds are less but they're cheaper; if you live in an area with good tmobile coverage, tmobile should suffice.

17. foodietr

foodietrNew Member

Threads:
    I use Vodafone in India. This is mainly because of their cheap plans for 3G data service. The call charges are not too exorbitant and hence the loyalty continues. Compared to the other providers in India, Vodafone does a better job at getting customers and hence they have good plans for contract also.

18. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I currently have Sprint and I hate it. The coverage is laughable and the data speeds are usually very slow. The only thing I like about Sprint is the low bill. I'm part of a family plan and my phone only costs $35 a month on the plan for unlimited talk, text, and web. I used to have verizon and the service was very good and I wish I could go back to them.

19. Dola1991

Dola1991New Member

Threads:
    I like Metro PCS. Metro PCS has an unlimited plan for $40. They also a variety of phones to choose from. The coverage area is impeccable.

20. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I am glad to hear that you get like the service. I am strongly considering switching to them because they do seem to have the least expensive unlimited plan. I don't want to be with AT&T anymore, and I am ready to try out an android phone. I was worried about coverage at first, but it looks really good.