Favorite Christmas Song?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by tulosai • Jan 13, 2015.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I know we're solidly past the holiday now, but I'm actually starting to miss Christmas music. What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?

My favorite classic song is probably White Christmas :)

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no favorite. Rather there are those I'd call favorites. Most Christmas songs by Bonnie M, I could listen to all year round not just during Christmas time. Among all their songs though I like Mary's Boy child best. It at least attempts to remind people why they celebrate Christmas.

3. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    As far as traditional Christmas songs go, I like Hark, Hark the Herald Angels sing and Little Drummer Boy, But then then again, those have been redone as pop songs, with the Fab Four (Beatles tribute band) covering Hark and Ringo Starr doing Drummer Boy. And as far as pop Christmas songs go, I like John Lennon's Happy Xmas and Greg Lake's I Believe in Father Christmas.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite Christmas song is Hurry Xmas by the Japanese rock band L Arc En Ciel.
    And I like that the music video has a house full of Santas drinking and partying, and frolicking.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It'd be Slay Ride for me. I have been listening to that song since I was at a very young age. Nevertheless, it still remain fresh to me. It's different from other things in which instead that I become use to it, so it'd appear ordinary to me, I still remain passionate towards it.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    White Christmas always reminds me of my childhood and an era where things were much simpler. My other favorites includes another Bing Crosby song, Little Drummer Boy with David Bowie and Fairytale of New York with Kirsty Macoll and The Pogues, as it reminds me of a happier Christmas.

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    It's pretty late for such a thread isn't it. Anyway my favorite song is Let It Snow!

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I actually have a dislike of Christmas songs, even though I'm not grumpy about Christmas overall. I think it's just because I find most of them to be too cheesy and very overplayed as during the season you'd hear it everywhere including just walking at the malls or in the streets, not to mention it's also used in commercials and movies. Despite this, I still like The nutcracker theme because it is so whimsical and very unique, and it also conveys the feeling of the season without being all too hammy about it.

9. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I will admit I'm not a big fan of Christmas music and think they start playing them far too early in the season. But I do have a favorite that was redone. The rendition of Silent Night by Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac is my favorite. Her voice is truly unique and it shines through on this song.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say a song I heard at a book store around Christmas one year,and I think it was a Barnes and Nobel-and I was sitting down-and they had a lot of nice lounge chairs at this store I remember. They played this song at Christmas and I really liked it-so the artist was Mel Torme and the song was -"It Happened in Sun Valley" and he really made feel like I was actually there when he sang it. It was released by Glenn Miller and his Orchestra so it has a great old fashion sound and feel to it.

#10Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  11. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up listening to the Jackson 5 Christmas album. So, when someone says Christmas songs, to me It meant only one thing. It would be that album. Back then, I am so excited listening to that album, even every year my Mom would play the album over and over again.

12. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    There are many Christmas songs that I like and most of them I like to hear the older versions sung by Bing Crosby and others of that era. I love Can You Hear What I Hear? sung by Bing Crosby. He has such a nice deep voice. I like Little Drummer Boy too. I like some of the music by Trans Siberian Orchestra as well. I think some of the songs are very over played and get tiresome to hear over and over since they start playing Christmas music even before Thanksgiving.

13. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of songs that i like and i can't get myself to pick one, but i enjoy the spirit of the holiday and the festivities far more than the music.

14. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I still love listening to traditional Christmas carols like Jingle Bells, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Joy to the World, O Come All Ye Faithful, Silent Night, Whispering Hope.

O Holy Night, O Little Town of Bethlehem, The Holly and the Ivy, A Way in a Manger, The First Noel, It Came Upon the Midnight Clear, and Deck the Halls are another traditional Christmas songs which I used to sing when it's the Christmas seasons.

Since I was a kid, now I am 65 years old I do still love to sing these Christmas songs.

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't participate that much in Christmas songs but the one that has inscribed into my thick skull is, "SILENT NIGHT". I definitely won't be forgetting that Christmas song in a hurry as I can even sing it in my sleep.

16. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    All songs for Christmas are nice because they inspire us the Christmas spirit, I could say that the song that I like most is The silent night and We wish you a merry Christmas, these two are listening more than the other songs here. Of course, we have local songs in our language that we like to hear as well.