Favorite Colors In Clothing

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sunnyside • Jun 20, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to clothing, what are your favorite colors, and why?

My favorite colors are orange, yellow, blue and black. I like orange mostly because it is a bright and cheerful-looking color. Yellow is another favorite color of mine also because of its bright appearance but also because it tends to suit me. I like blue, especially the lighter shades of blue, since this color has a calming effect. Most shades of blue tend to suit me as well. I would say that black is one of my favorite colors because it blends well with almost all the other colors. I can wear black pants with any color top, and a black top with any color pants, so this color is quite versatile.

Do you tend to gravitate towards certain colors more than others?

2. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    For shirts I tend to gravitate towards brighter colors, purples/pinks/corals. For bottoms I tend to gravitate towards neutrals beiges/black/navy, dresses is a mix of everything.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seem to like Earth colors or blue, brown, turquoise, but I like reds in cars and dresses. I like pinks and blue jeans for daily wear too.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite color is purple. I have lots of purple blouses and a couple of skirts. I also have a few purple handbags. I also like orange, navy, hot pink, white and royal blue. I really like colors. I have very few black items even though it's supposed to be slimming.

5. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I go for simple colors like black, white, and brown. I’m not really sure why I prefer clothing with these particular colors. Maybe because I like things simple and easy on the eyes. I’m also a minimalistic guy. I abhor things that are too fancy or trendy. I also hate being the center of attention which is why I always go for neutral colors like black, white, and brown.

6. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I really like to wear tourqoise, purple, blue, brown and only sometimes black.
    Pastel colors are also really nice but I hardly wear them.
    For me it has a lot to do with my comfort zone. I just feel comfortable wearing these colors.
    I have also heard that the colors you wear reflect your personality but am not so sure how that can be backedup....

7. Aimee198

Aimee198New Member

Threads:
    Lol black is the way to go and it slims down...

8. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I love pastel colors and a lot of colors on a spectrum I don't know. I really prefer soft and thin shirts but I like thicker shorts & dress pants primarily unless it's athletic. I use all kinds of colors except yellow and pink.

9. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I don't really look for a certain color when I'm shopping for clothing (I usually pay more attention to the style), but I've found that I gravitate towards darker colors, especially black. I love bright colors, but when it comes to clothes I just love wearing black. I think this is because black matches with everything, so by having a lot of staple pieces, I don't have to worry about a bunch of clashing colors and prints. I also like whit shirts a lot (I have like four). Other than those two, I like colorful clothes, like pinks and yellows, but I usually buy them in prints.

On the other hand, my shoes are a totally different story. Although I do own some simple black/white shoes, I love shoes that make a statement. For example, I have some red studded platform sneakers that I just recently bought, bright pink caged pointed-toe pumps, and a pair of adorable tropical-printed wedge heels!

10. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My wardrobe mostly consists of navy, black, white, beige. I am trying to add some more colour into my every day wear. Now I am drawn to pastel colours so I have a few scarfs that are pink, lavender or light blue. I have recently purchased a few pink tops as well. I find I get into a rut and keep buying the same colours and most of my outfits look the same. I am conscious of this now so when I'm out shopping I purposefully look only at tops in other colours to add some fun colours to my dull wardrobe.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not something I intended but most of my clothes come in black, blue, purple, white and red. My favorite colors are black and red, however. Occasionally, blue. In the past, I was so picky with colors. Growing older changes you, however, and you end up choosing any color as long as you feel it suits you well.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge nude color fan. My clothing items are mostly nudes, beiges, soft pinks, Browns, caramels, whites. I own some colorful clothing items, but if you look at my closet those are rare. Most of my clothes are nude tones.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love bright colours, which is interesting because I did used to prefer dull, drab colours like brown, khakhi, black and browns, which I now HATE LOL Don't ask me why, it's a mystery to me too! But as I've got older, I've found myself being drawn to colours like white and pastel colours. I honestly feel nothing beat a crisp white, fitted shirt, I LOVE them and just can't enough of them! I also really, really like all shades of blue. I actually like to wear them together, layer them, because I love the contrast. Although I also like black, I try to keep it to a minimum.

14. ladydaydream

ladydaydreamNew Member

Threads:
    It's weird, but I tend to gravitate toward grey clothing. I think it's surprisingly beautiful for a neutral color, and suits any hairstyle/accessories mostly just fine. But I also do really like gem tones like deep blues, dark greens, and maroon, which I think can add a touch of classiness to any outfit.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite color is purple, I tend to like the jewel tones more than bright colors like pink or yellow. I am not comfortable with multiple colors on my body and no bright colored pants. I tend to wear black and white or black and beige to make getting dressed for work easy.