Favorite condiments?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Mayvin • Aug 4, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I find that I don't use condiments as much as I use to be when I make myself a sandwich I do like to add certain ones for flavor. Mustard, mayonnaise, and pickles are my favorites. Which ones do you like the most?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have two shelves in my kitchen dedicated to condiments alone. I love every herb and spice there is, but am particularly fond of red hot chillies, mustard, lemon balm, cayenne pepper, and the list goes on. I like to view myself as an artisan cook, and for that reason I need a big variety of ingredients for my creations. :)

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy mayonnaise, mustard and peppers. Any kind of peppers are good! I also love using coriander, basil and curry on my foods, those are some of my favorites!

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Mayonnaise is also top on my list along with mustard, tabasco and worcestershire sauce. When salad dressings are on sale, I like hoardng those as well as I love putting them on my cold cut sandwiches.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a serious thing for ketchup, but that has been replaced by my new love for Cholula. Seriously is there anything that doesn't taste better with some Cholula on top? I like that it is hot but also has some flavor to it as opposed to just heat. I also use a lot of Miracle Whip and banana peppers because I like the slight zest of the MW and everything about the banana peppers.

6. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Mine are black pepper and garlic, especially garlic. I learned how to make homemade garlic mayo and since then I've been a fan, I eat the stuff with almost anything since it's cheap and fast to prepare. Just grind the garlic, mix it with salt then start adding oil slowly while you keep mixing. Once the oil is enough, add some lemon juice for flavor and consistency and you're all set :)

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Mayonnaise is my favorite condiment, and the great thing about it is that it's flavors aren't too pronounced so it's even good enough to mix with other condiments. I use it for almost anything that suits it, including sandwiches and for dipping either fried fish fillet, hotdogs, or even french fries, but I sometimes prefer ketchup more for fries.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mustard is my favorite condiment. I have a least 10 flavors of mustard in my kitchen. I have recently discovered roasted red pepper spread. Delicious.

9. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I like several condiments. I like a spicy brown mustard, pesto, honey mustard, and mayo. I do not like ketchup. I could do with out ketchup most of the times. I will have it on a burger with mustard and mayo but not by itself.