Favorite cosmetics store?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Haliegh • Mar 31, 2012.

1. adriana2012

adriana2012New Member

Threads:
    I also like Sephora very much although cosmetics there are quite expensive.
    When it comes to facial care I always chose Sephora because it has the best quality products of the most famous brands.
    For body care I buy products from Avon and Oriflame, because there I can find a good price and the quality is ok.

2. NikkiSplash

NikkiSplashNew Member

Threads:
    I really like Ulta as well. It's quite a bit cheaper than Sephora and they have a lot of name brand stuff! Their brand is pretty good as well. I worked at Walgreens for a year at the cosmetics counter and we only carried one salon brand of nail polish and that was Essie. I'm not a big drug store fan, as they don't have much name brand variety, and all the stores vary in what brands they carry. Ulta is definitely my go-to!

3. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite cosmetics store used to be Cosmetics Warehouse but they are now closed so I need to find another discount store. I've heard of ULTA and that could be an option. Sephora is nice too but they are pricey.

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Well I love Sephora as well, but not in terms of my budget. Although, they do have a rewards program and samples so there is a little added incentive. But I do like Shoppers for the optimum rewards and they do carry a wide range of brands.

5. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I like to browse Sephora and read the reviews. My daughter uses it and I buy her gift cards. The reviews are great and steer me to the right products, but I usually don't buy from them. Their prices are usually not the best. Sometimes it's Amazon, or Drugstore.com Sometimes it's ebay. I've had great experiences buying cosmetics on ebay using only high rated sellers.

6. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I love Sephora too. Their prices are high, so I don't buy everything there. It's such a nice shopping experience where all the products are laid out for you to try and it all looks so tempting to buy. I go there especially when I need to be pampered a little and need... ok I guess want, a makeup product.

7. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    I love love love Sephora...the first Sephora I ever went to was in Times Square in New York City. They have all their makeup out and you can try it on (don't worry they offer clean brushes and qtips). It's fabulous, and I'm so glad there is finally one in Portland, Oregon! I also really enjoy the MAC pro stores, they have a couple in California, and of course NYC. They offer the pro products, like pure pigments.

8. jose

joseMember

Threads:
    Latest posts on Google+
    Sephora – 13 hours ago – Our +1s: "I was doubful of this product because I have mixed skin, but I totally LOVE it! Doesn't leave my skin feeling cakey or greasy and it lasts a LONG time ... Sephora: Foundation Primer : primer-face-makeup

9. aiverson

aiversonNew Member

Threads:
    If I need make up for a special event I will go to bareMinerals, because they put it on me and walk me through what colour should go where. Plus it is just a fun experience, but otherwise I go to Boots, because normally they have a sale on so I can pick up something fun on the side with everything I needed, and plus they have all of the toiletries I use so it is one stop shopping. It is nothing, however, compared to Target, which I miss terribly.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to love Sephora and I bought a lot of my makeup at Shoppers Drug Mart as well, but now I barely buy makeup. It took a long time to find the items that work the best for me and I lean towards more classic looks anyway, so it's easy to just order my makeup online now from wherever is cheapest at the moment when I run out of something. It's rare that I fall for something completely new and even if I do, I really detest the trial and error part of it lol.

11. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I usually buy all of my cosmetics from CVS and Walgreens but I really want to start purchasing make up from the MAC store but it is entirely too expensive. I went makeup shopping at CVS a couple of weeks ago and it was almost $60.00 so you can only imagine how much it would cost if I purchased a lot of makeup from MAC. One of these I will shop there but not any time soon.

12. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    I really like Ulta. They are similar to Sephora but their locations are easier to get to. Sephora shops are usually at the mall, and that's a long way from my house. Theres an Ulta 2 miles away from my house. Their locations are definitely more accessible.

13. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I use Boots mainly. I collect quite a lot of points on my loyalty card and stuff from there and they have a big range.

14. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I love Sephora as well. I like how there are varieties to chose from for basically everything. I like their nail polish collection the most and their nail polish station - where you can go and paint your nails right there! The colours are always so vibrant and beautiful, especially their eye shadow shades. As for powder and foundation I tend to choose Clinique, it agrees more with my skin than the other bands that I've tried.

15. Kroon12

Kroon12New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing great information.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me the best is Sephora! It has always been my favorite, it makes me happy just to get in there, even if I don't buy anything! The only thing I don't like it that most of the time the girls that work there are not very helpful or nice. I also love MAC, but MAC is just one brand, versus many of my favorites in Sephora. I do like Ulta as well, but I don't find myself going there as often.

17. jessicak2

jessicak2Banned

Threads:
    Want to buy online then easily find just search in google.