Favorite dipped food product?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Sweetkymom • Jun 3, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not much into dipped foods but I'm a sucker when it comes to Ritz crackers dipped in a strawberry coating. I tried these for the first time at a baby shower. They were the best thing ever! The yogurt dipped pretzels are awesome as well.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I like chocolate covered pretzel rods, dark chocolate please, and I love chocolate covered strawberries. I make the pretzels and strawberries myself, I used to buy them all of the time, but they are both expensive. I bought some good quality dipping chocolate and am able to make tons of these for a fraction of the price.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here there is this crunchy delicacy called "chicharon" and it is made or fried pork fat and I really like to dip it in vinegar. Even this junk food which is chicharon flavored, I also dip in vinegar. Now that I have mentioned it, I'm starting to crave for 1 right now, lol.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not into dipped foods but I do like dipping breadsticks in garlic sauce and occasionally Tostitos in salsa con queso. I try not to get the salsa con queso too often though because I'm the only one using it so it ends up getting wasted. I don't understand why they don't have it in smaller containers.
    There's a few that I really love making up though. When I went to school, I got the idea from my classmates to dip the nuggets in the mashed potatoes. I would do that with a tv dinner I used to get too. One that I thought of by myself is everytime I go to the chinese buffet I dip the donut in the egg drop soup.

5. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    I don't really eat dipped foods often but I really like hummus. Back home, there are these herb and tomato bread squares that I can buy from a nearby shop and dip into hummus with, and it's really delicious. :)

6. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I love anything dipped in chocolate or caramel sauce. Different fruits, like strawberries, apple slices, or bananas. Or salty foods like pretzels or crackers. I also like dipping these things into yogurt too. There's so many recipes out there for different types of dips and things to dip into them. I just have to get into the habit of dipping more fruits and vegetables and less chips and crackers.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I liked French fries to be dipped in anything, not just in ketchup, but in any deep I know. I already like it just at it is. But I like it more when I dip it. I also like oreos to be dipped in milk and strawberry preserves - this is really heavenly. When I tried it, I really couldn't believe that oreo could still get better. One more thing is nachos. It's typical and I probably wouldn't have to explain why. Oh, another thing I dip is raisins. I deep them in cheese spread, in nutella or in any melted chocolates.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite dipped food is frozen key lime pie on a stick dipped in chocolate. There's a restaurant in Miami that puts an entire slice of key lime pie on a stick, then dips it in chocolate and freezes it.
    It's pretty amazing.