Favorite Discount Retailer

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kjonesm1 • Jul 1, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at Ross and Burlington Coat Factory. These big retailers always have the best deals on designer clothes and are full of great finds. The clothes are stylish and up to date for unbeatable prices. I love going up and down each aisle finding fashion treasures. I never have a hard time finding clothes and shoes that complement my style and my budget. What is your favorite discount retailer?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Ross is the only one we have in my area, but I do enjoy going there. Sometimes it takes patience to find the best deal, but it’s always worth it. I also really enjoy their candle selection. I keep meaning to check if they have any more of a wonderful sandalwood and myrrh candle that someone I knew bought a few months ago, but it’s been slipping my mind.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always found Marshall's wherever I am to be a good store and it carries the brands I like. I got a Ralph Lauren fleece blanket for $20 and I got some Merrell's for $40. All in excellent condition and what I would have bought anyhow.

I don't buy too much now as there are sales all the time, so it has to be a good bargain for me these days to buy it as there is no point storing things. I also find toiletries there too, but branches do vary and some are much better than others.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I love dollar stores, because it gives you a great chance to be able to stock up on some things that you wouldn't otherwise have been able to get for the price of a dollar. If you look around, you will see many things that would cost you a lot more in other stores, and for this reason it is always worth taking a little bit of your time during the course of the day to stop and have a look at what is on offer for you. You never know, you may just get yourself a bargain that you really enjoy!

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do love the deals I can get at Dollar Tree, but as far as clothing, housewares, etc., hands down, my favorites are Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, and Burlington Coat Factory. Oh, and Burke's Outlet. I wish I had a Marshall's and TJ Maxx closer, but I don't, unfortunately. I do have a Tuesday Morning and Burke's Outlet fairly close by, and the others aren't prohibitively far, but I don't get over that side of town very often.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that my favorite discount retailers are TJ Maxx and Burning Coat Factory. Was kind of surprised to see someone else mention Burlington. Didn't know that store was very well known. They're pretty common here in the South in most mid sized cities. Both the stores I mentioned have name brand items at really reasonable prices. They're not the latest trends, but they're in style clothing, and good name brands at that. Much better than spending money at a big department store, IMO.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just like to buy from outlet stores I find and discover. For me, finding the new stores I've never been to is part of the fun, and by expanding my knowledge and options I'm usually more able to figure put where the cheapest I could get certain items from because often certain stores will carry some particular items that are especially cheaper than in other places.

8. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Oh I forgot about TJ Max and Marshall's. I used to shop at both all the time, but they aren't as close anymore since I moved. The only thing I didn't like about Marshall's is that it always seems like such a mess. It's a little harder to find what I'm looking for but its totally worth it when I get great stuff for a great price.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh I was living at Burlington Coat Factory when I first moved out on my own and needed to decorate and furnish my first apartment, lol. Just about everything I bought came from either there or Big Lots, plus a few items from Dollar General. They've also improved the quality of their stores over the years too, as has TJ Maxx. Their prices have gone up a little bit too though but they still have some good bargains. One thing I avoid buying there though would be any cookware - it's usually not much cheaper than the other retail stores, and to make matters worse it's often picked over, out of the box, and scratched and dented. But I always buy stuff like blue jeans and dress shirts, and of course coats from there, because they are so much cheaper than places like Macy's or Kohls, even with their constant sales.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always lean towards Ross. But that can be because there was one 2 blocks away from work and I used to go there several days a week during lunch. I used to find a lot of good stuff there, but because I went so frequently. Sometimes they have cool stuff, sometimes they don't.
    I like marshals as well but I find they don't have such good prices as Ross.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @kjonesm1@kjonesm1 I really like Supertarget. I have found some really good buys there, and I just like the store atmosphere. Actually, as I was writing that I forgot I like the Store Gabriels which is a chain that is in a few states. YOu can get some awesome buys there. there is not one close to my house but I make a special trip to go there.

#11Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
  12. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say Burlington Coat Factory would be my choice of discount stores for clothing. Otherwise I let others do my shopping for me by going to the Goodwill stores. For housewares I love Odd Lots and other dollar stores.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Ross. My local Marshall's and TJ Maxx are very neat and orderly while Ross is messy and has chaotic racks full of things. But I find better stuff at Ross because those cluttered racks are like a treasure hunt. At TJ Maxx, I can see what they have in one quick walk through. Ross is more of an adventure because you never know if you'll find a cool piece of wall art or cookware buried under a pile of child's swimsuits.

14. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a lot of luck finding cool stuff at Marshall's. Not so much lately, but it's still one of the first places I go to look for clothes. TJ Maxx is okay, it has pretty similar stuff. However, Marshall's is closer and the physical store is a little bigger/organized where I live. There is a Burlington Coat Factory where I live, but I don't think I've ever stepped into it.

15. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I really think it depends on the area you are in and the store. I love Tjmaxx however only in certain towns. Some store locations are dirty and dis organized where as other ones are clean.

The Burlington coat factory near me is very messy and doesn't have a good selection of items. However when I visit my cousin her burlington coat factory is beautiful, clean and has a lot of great brands.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Ross, the prices are good along with the quality of the clothes in the store. TJMaxx has a higher quality of clothes at a slightly higher price. I get more for my money at Ross. For shoes I go to Burlington's and coats.