Favorite Dish Soap?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by hayrake • Feb 4, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a favorite dish soap?
    I personally have always like the original Palmolive best. It's fairly mild and I use it for many things besides just dishes. I bathe my horses and pups with it. I've been known to wash my car with it. I even use it for bubble bath on occasion.
    My husband, however, hates it. He says it isn't strong enough and for him I suppose it's true. He buys Dawn to keep around just for his hands when he gets grease and oil on them from working on engines. He also uses it to clean things in his shop when they get grease or oil on them.
    Dawn, however, eats my hands up.
    So we're a dual dish soap household.

2. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    Right now my favorite is Dawn Olay Hand Renewal. I can usually get the small bottles cheap at CVS as they run sales on it, and there are coupons frequently for it. It suds up good for washing dishes and stays sudsy for the whole sink full. I have definitely found that cheap dish soap just doesn't work as well. It has a lot less suds and half-way through the sink I wonder if there's even any soap left in the water.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would depend on which one I can get at a good price, provided its not the generic brand. I found that these can be way too cheap and aren't effective at least not the brands that I have used. I tend to usually buy Palmolive most of the time because it a good buy. I do have one other requirement that the dish soap always be anti-bacterial. I have found that in the past when I chose to just buy another brand that wasn't, that many in my home got sick. A coincidence maybe but I still decided at that point to stick to anti-bacterial dish soap.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dawn is my favorite dish soap, it cuts the grease on the dishes, has lots of suds and is not harsh on the hand. I can soak a load of dishes and come back give the dishes a few swipes and they are clean. The other dish soap we use is Palmolive, to me it is not as good as Dawn but it is much better than some of the other soaps that just are too watered down.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using vim liquid soap for quite a long time and I totally liked it. I believe it is quite great and can be quite helpful. I hope to use it whenever I require to wash a large amount of utensils.

6. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Love Palmolive, hate Dawn, lol. I usually buy Palmolive or Joy, I like them both because they clean my dishes without leaving too much of a strong smell behind. Dawn on the other hand, I used to use that before switching to Palmolive, and noticed that I never really could get the smell of soap off of my dishes after I'd use it. No matter how much I rinsed, that strong smell was there.