Favorite Exercise Equipment

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Mayvin • Jun 11, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using the exercise machine "The Gazelle" for over eight years and before I started using it, never thought I would be so into a piece of work out equipment. You've probably seen the infomercials with Tony little and as cheesy as they look, the machine really is fun and easy to use. It helped me loose about sixty pounds! My question is, what exercise machine have you used or are currently using that you really enjoy and that has been effective for you?

2. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    Maybe a bit less adventurous, but I like the plain old stationary bike. Not sure about the brand/model because I just use it in a community gym and never really gave a thought about it. I tried the cross trainer, and the treadmill, but still prefer the bike in the end. Effect-wise, I think I managed to lose a few pounds off from it, but I'm getting lazy nowadays..

3. SuperSecretSanta

SuperSecretSantaNew Member

Threads:
    Our secondhand treadmill bought at a yard sale has given our family many hours of joy (and pain too, but that's a story for another post).

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I have a really old exercise/stationary bike that I am back using again.
    But my favorite pieces of exercise equipment are dumbbells and a weight bench.
    The number of exercises you can do with just dumbbells and a bench is really substantial. Not a lot of money invested in the dumbbells or the bench. I use the dumbbells a lot more than the bar.
    Ryder13

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    \

I have been wanting to get me an exercise machine for a while now, but haven't yet, so my only exercise right now is walking and it helps me a lot but I still want the exercising machine, not sure which one yet.

6. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Bang for the buck I would suggest dumbbells and a workout bench.
    But it will only work if you like doing that sort of workout.
    Exercise bikes or stationary bikes are also not too much in terms of cash outlay.
    Of course walking and running, well the cost is the shoes if you take it outside.
    Ryder13

7. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a stationary bike that I haven't used for a while now. It's probably because the screen on it is broken, and I can't see how fast or slow I'm going. I also like the good ol' basic dumbbells. They're very small but effective when using them.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favourite exercise equipment is my power rack because it facilitates more or less all of the weight training movements I use in my weight training routine.

The power rack allows me to train on my own safely so it is essential, I wouldn't be able to train on my own without it.

9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I personally only bought one piece of equipment and I have been using it for years now.
    Although I have seen it on an infomercial I knew I would still get results and it sure wasn't a scam in my opinion. I currently own the ab rocket and this is something I needed because I always gained weight in the stomach area. I have been honestly working out on this machine and I am glad to say that I see results but they definitely did not come easy since no equipment is a miracle worker.

10. bargainhunter

bargainhunterMember

Threads:
    All you really need is a bike for commuting (within reason) and a good walk at the weekends. That should cover your exercise needs. If you are into the 'biceps and six-pack' look then pushups and pullups should cover that. A lot of equipment is sold as the magic bullet for fitness when - in reality - there is no such thing.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say that this neat little thing called "Figure Twister" is my favorite exercise machine. It's not really a machine per se, it's just a round piece of plastic, but it does help in reducing my weight.

12. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Elliptical!

The Elliptical has always drawn me to it for its non-impact version of running. I also appreciate how the incline can change, thus adjusting the muscles worked. I've never heard of "The Gazelle," so I'll definitely look that up, too! I believe that all exercise machines can work, it's just a matter of who is committed to working out on them correctly and consistently! So - great job!

13. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    The only exercise equipment I really use now are elliptical machines, kettle bells, and a good pair of shoes. Everything else that I use will focus mostly on body weight exercises. I am a 'hefty' person, so that's a lot of resistance.