Favorite Face Cream?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Rosyrain • Mar 9, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried all of the expensive face creams that you can find at the department stores and I do not notice much of a difference when I apply them to my skin. Certainly not enough to justify spending $50 or more on a jar. My mother has been using this cream called Colional Dames for many years and she purchases it at the drug store for less than $15 a jar. I picked up a jar and now my whole family is using it and loving it. What is your favorite cream and how much does it cost?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have several products I use. I don't use them everyday. I am home most of the time, and I care less about how I look now. Since I'm on a budget, I do without, so the products will last longer, but when I do use them, I tend to use an eye cream, a face cream, and one for my neck and forehead. I use the same one on my neck and forehead, and it's usually Olay Regenerist. I like Lancome, and usually use their eye cream and eye makeup remover, but right now I have two Elizabeth Arden products that I'm using. One is an eye cream (Good Morning Eye Treatment), and a skin illuminating complex for my face. I alternate that with Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer, which is one of my favorite products. I love the texture of it, and it leaves my skin feeling silky.

3. heavymetalkilos

heavymetalkilosNew Member

Threads:
    Even thought Eucherin's day cream Even Brighter is for older women I've used that for a long time! It makes my skin smooth and soft and doesn't give me any pimples, even thought it's bit on the heavier side. It's not that extremely expensive either, around $25 dollars if I counted it right from euros. Since my neck gets dry too, I add that sometimes on that sensitive area and it's been working well! It's worth to try to be honest. It's also prety lasting - a tub of that cream lasts around three to four months!

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Throughout my life I have not really had a set facial creams for a long period of time. I find that a lot of women find one in their teens and stick with that, until their facial skin needs change. But I have always chopped and changed until I began to use Palms' Coco Butter. It smells great, moisturizes my skin, and dries fast.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is an old brand; but for most of my life, I used Noxema on my face. Now, I really like face cream with coconut oil in it.
    Sam's Club has some that they sell, and the fragrance of coconut is just heavenly, and it just makes my skin so soft and wonderful, and (even though I am 71) I think that it is helping my wrinkles to fade away more.
    I think that it is also a very natural product; so I will probably keep using it. They also make a shampoo and conditioner from the same brand, and I bought that, too.
    Now I have that wonderful coconut smell after the shower and shampoo.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Kiehls for every facial product kinds. Their products are on the pricey side, but hey are amazing quality, hypoallergenic, mild and effective. I love that they don't have scents or aggressive ingredients. This and Olay for a cheaper alternative are my favorite when it comes to face products and face creams specifically.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Yoko Herbal Face Cream - one of the cheapest yet effective face creams I've ever had the privilege of using since coming into adulthood. You'll be surprised because this product won't cost you a dollar - just half of it in fact. I don't know if it's sold in the States or Europe but Yoko has an abundant supply here in Asia. It's good for acne scars and lightening dark spots on your face. Yoko has natural sunblock ingredients like co enzyme Q-10, making it a good substitute to sunscreen.

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Men are naturally not fussy about their appearames until they approach the late 20s when fine lines begin to appear. However, with the rise of the metrosexual and the need to be presentable in their careers, men are more conscious of their appearances. To this end my favourite facial cream is Nivea Sunscreen lotion. It is skin nourishing and protects against UV rays which are harmful to the skin.

9. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge fan of the Neutrogena moisturizers and facial creams. I started using them over 20 years ago and I recently tried a different product which made me break out in pimples. I promptly switched back to the Neutrogena and will remain faithful to this product. In the summer I use the one with an SPF of 15 in it. It's goes on light and isn't greasy. I've also tried the rapid tone repair moisturizer which I love. It has an SPF of 30 and goes on super light and smooths out your skin. I stock up on my Neutrogena products when they have these large warehouse sales in my city twice a year. The prices are fantastic.

10. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time national brand creams and lotions work just as good, of not better than the designer kinds and so it is not worth spending all of the money on the designer stuff. I really like Nivea hand cream, but it is way to thick to put on your face. I am going to try the Neutrogena and Noxema to see how those work.

11. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that there is not much of a difference. It's important to read the ingredients and think about what you want to put on your face. You can find the same ingredients in many face creams at the drug store. I have been using a Vitamin E Cream and Aquaphor lately and works great.

12. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    In my opinion there is not much difference between a lot of the brands out there, but I will say that I have gotten into the whole exfoliating thing lately, and the ones with the little beads are something that I try to have on hand at all times. Other than that I usually just go with whatever has the acid on the back in the ingredients and make sure it is affordable.