Favorite Ice Cream brand?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Webene • Jan 15, 2015.

1. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    You pay for what you get. Sugar and water are shoddy fixings. Great dessert needs great quality fat and eggs in them. Dividers uses better cream that has contrasts can be tasted however it is still single cream. Haagen Dasz, Moovepick and Ben & Jerrys uses eggs and twofold cream in their formula.

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    That's a strategy similar to one 'they might be using' with cigarettes (I don't know, not being a smoker)---ice-cream--while it's not exactly "bad for you" like cigarettes--is one of the examples of 'a good thing it's bad to have too much of' (which I hear can lead you to Type-2 Diabetes & Rotten Teeth!)

I'll buy about-two 48oz.-boxes of Walmart's Great Value ice-cream every month, & usually limit my ice-cream consumption to 12oz.-at-a-time once every-Friday & -Saturday.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really not loyal to any brand of ice-cream. I usually buy store brands, and continue to buy them unless I get a bad batch, in which case I'll switch things up a bit. I like buying "Thrifty" ice-cream, a brand that used to be sold in Thrify's stores back in the day, but now it seems all that's left of that store is the ice-cream, to the best of my knowledge anyway. I like some Breyers flavors, Haagen Dazs has some good flavors too.

Rocky road is probably my favorite flavor; I also like pecan praline, and black walnut, bubblegum. I like ice-creams that have nuts in them, some kind of texture. Strawberry is good to.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be very very fond of Strawberry cheesecake Haagen Dazs ice-cream. I have no idea how to spell that, which is terrible when you consider the amount of times that I have seen their brand label lol. But they are not my favorite brand ice-cream makers. Perhaps a little predictably, my favorite brand ice-cream makers are Ben and Jerry's. It's very rare that I do not like one of their flavors.

5. SpenserA

SpenserANew Member

Threads:
    I'm personally a huge fan of Friendly's ice cream. I don't usually treat myself to it frequently, but it's delicious and has tons of flavors. Going to the restaurant itself for ice cream is even better, though. They have so many toppings, it's wonderful :p

6. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    There's a local ice cream store in my area that makes the BEST ice cream ever. They make it in-house and their flavors change on a daily/every-2-day basis, and they have combinations like Tahitian Vanilla Bean, Hazelnut Vanilla, Candy Cap Mushroom, Meyer Lemon, etc.

But if it's a store bought kind, I love Talenti. They're really pricey for how much you get but it's so good, so worth it.

And apparently my co-worker said Strauss ice cream is mind-blowing as well.

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm in the mood to eat sweet and sugary frozen flavor of milk cream, I could care less who makes it, so long as I'm getting some to eat - especially on hot summer days and nights! However, I have tried my own variations of ice cream in my lifetime and I choose between Ben & Jerry's and Mochi ice creams. Although, I like Mochi ice cream more because of the pounded rice cake that holds the ice cream, which doesn't require me to have a cone or bowl with spoon to eat it.

8. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I'm seen a lot of Ben & Jerry's on this thread, like every other post pretty much.
    Don't bite my head off but I'm not a big fan of Ben & Jerry's and I've never really been.
    Yet, no one has mentioned the brand that I am very loyal too (every since I moved to Texas anyway) Blue Bell!

I actually got to go to the Blue Bell factory when I was in high school during a choir competition and I got free ice cream and got to see how it was made. That was an awesome experience (even for a 16 year old teenager).

I also love Haagen Dasz, its really good but really expensive

There is also this place around us that doesn't technically call it ice cream they call it frozen custard but it is absolutely delicioso. As far as I know its only in a few states (Florida, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, & Texas) but they are on point with the custard.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I've always been a Ben and Jerrys fan. Just think their ice cream tastes amazing. Its a bit on the pricey side, but I think is well worth it. My favorite flavor is Cherry Garcia. I also enjoy Mayfield ice cream. A lot cheaper but still pretty great in terms of taste and quality.

10. haitch

haitchNew Member

Threads:
    Ben and jerry's is the only ice cream for me. I don't usually eat icecream but there is something about it that tastes so very nice. phish food is also the only chocolate ice cream that i have enjoyed. i usually find it to rich but Ben and Jerry's is something else.

11. Mattenheimer

MattenheimerNew Member

Threads:
    I think it really depends on what flavor, and quality you are looking for. Friendlies has always provided a quality ice cream as a whole. I have never had one of their flavors or ice cream products that I did not enjoy. Ben & Jerry's is of course another go to brand. You know you will never be dissapointed with their product, that is why they have the brand name recognition they do. That being the pricier of the two. Another option veering more towards the pricier side would be Haagen-Daaz. If you are looking to save money I would try store brand, you would be surprised, some can be really good.

12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    That is an easy one for me . I live thick and creamy Haagen Dasz. They use the best ingredients and are my favorite indulgance. My top pick is their coffee flavored ice cream bar with the nutty chocolate dip.

13. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    When I first moved to Houston, Blue Bell was the best thing I'de ever tasted. It was absolutely amazing. After being here for a few years and trying other brands, I will never eat Blue Bell again. Dryers or Ben & Jerry is it. Every bite is so full of flavor and I just love the big chucks of candy that Ben & Jerry has. Blue Bell needs an upgrade. Dryers is good too but their candy chunks aren't as big as Ben & Jerry. Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe Ben & Jerry is my favorite.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My ice cream most be all natural, Ben and Jerry's is good also, Breyer's, are brands I can eat. If the ice cream is not all natural I will get sick, being lactose intolerant is not a good thing for ice cream lovers.

15. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love ice cream so I'm not picky. The only brand I could think of that I don't like is Edy's. I think my favorite brand is Blue Bunny. Their ice cream tastes so natural. I only wish they had more variety in flavors.

16. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    My ice cream loyalty is for Haagen Dasz, chocolate flavour or anything else really. I am mildly lactose intolerant but the indigestion and slight tummy ache is so worth it. I have to admit that I've never heard of Ben & Jerry's :( I bought store brand and locally made brands for many years, and when I found Haagen Dasz, I promised myself to not look back. I think it's time to explore Ben & Jerrys.

17. Brentnauer

BrentnauerNew Member

Threads:
    Americone Dream, hands down... There's just something about the devilishly handsome man on the carton that makes me feel like a true patriot. ;)

On second thought... What's going to happen to that flavor now that The Colbert Report is gone now? Crap...

18. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I like an ice cream brand to be well priced with the quality there too. There are lots of brands that are available that are overpriced and not as good as they claim to be.

My favorite ice cream has got to be Asda's own caramel fudge. It is fully loaded with toffee chunks and lashings of caramel sauce, all over a creamy vanilla ice cream, it is gorgeous and costs £2.50 (about $4) for a huge tub of it. I think it is much better value than the big name brands such as Ben and Jerrys which tends to be really expensive for just a small tub!

19. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a traditionalist myself. Whatever ice cream they use for the filling in a Klondike bar is always going to be my favorite, but mainly because that's the only one I eat. That, and Cornettos.

20. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    See, most of the brands of ice cream that people have mentioned in this thread, I have never heard of in my life. I am just guessing that it has something to do with the fact that I am from the UK, and these brands are American, or otherwise foreign. I think I mentioned, above somewhere, that Ben and Jerry's is my favorite brand of ice cream. The prices are absolutely ridiculous though. It is dame near £5 a tub.