Favorite Ice Cream brand?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Webene • Jan 15, 2015.

1. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardianNew Member

Threads:
    I guess my favorite ice cream brand is Ben & Jerry but there is this really nice ice cream place in my town and I think that local ice cream usually tastes the best :), I mean I feel like you can really taste the love and care compared to factory processed ice cream... but maybe that's just me lol.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now that you mention local ice cream places, we do not actually have any where I live. I have always really thought of ice cream parlors as big city things, which I guess they are because the small area that I live in does not have even one. We have to travel to the seaside, which - by the way - the seaside always has the best ice-cream. Nothing can beat it, in my opinion.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a favorite ice-cream brand, but I love the flavors of Cookies and Cream, Coffee Crumble, and Vanilla. There's a local ice-cream flavor here in our country called Durian which is also my top pick.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really eat ice cream anymore. I go for the chocolate frozen yogurt now. I have tried almost every brand I can find but I'm pretty sure I have found the best and I just stick with that now. It is the Krogergeneric brand. At first I bought it because it was a little bit cheaper. But now I've realized no other brand can come close to it.

5. debbie24

debbie24New Member

Threads:
    Baskin Robins or Coldstone packed to go doesn't count!

My current favorites are Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (140 calories per sandwich, nuff said) and Haagan Daas chocolate sorbet (dark chocolate flavor in a smooth sorbet without all the guilt). The best part is, they taste fairly close to regular ice cream.

Edy's also has an awesome double churned rocky road.

6. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    That is a tough question! For a real treat I love Haagen Daazs or Ben and Jerry's, they both have such a huge choice of flavours and they are so rich and creamy! But for a healthier option I like the "skinny cow" range, the flavour choices are not so extensive but the ice cream is tasty and has far fewer calories in it than normal ice cream. I also love magnum ice creams and the white chocolate ones are heavenly, I recently tried an Oreo ice cream sandwich and that was divine! I also love the classic Vienetta, I know it is a bit dated but it is not too heavy and great in the summer. Starting to realise the mystery of the widening waistline!

7. regicide3342

regicide3342New Member

Threads:
    Can't ever go wrong with Ben and Jerry's! It is just perfect in every way possible! Prices are what you'd expect from any premium ice cream shop. Lots of options and fresh whipped cream and warm gooey divine toppings make any sundae delish!

8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like to joke that Ben and Jerry are the only two men I need in my life. Especially when Target’s running a sale. Mmmm, That's My Jam, and Americone Dream, and Cherry Garcia. I miss Dublin Mudslide though, that was my favorite.

That said, I’m another local ice cream fan as well. Meadow Gold and Roselani Tropics (at least when the latter is on sale) are both lovely. Also, there’s a little ice cream shop downtown and I’ve made it a goal to try out all their flavors. They let you mix half-scoops and I’m rather fond of mixing green tea ice cream with white pineapple sorbet, which I discovered completely by accident. Last time I was there I had poha berry, though.

Blue Bunny is also great, I’m a huge fan of the Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate flavor.

9. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    My overall preference is van bought Ice-cream. Aside from that it's This brand of Cornish real ice cream, that is far superior to any imitation ice creams. I sometimes actually make my own, and that is some of the best for my taste buds :)

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It has to be Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Now it's the only one I can eat because I compare it to everything else. I do like dark chocolate ice cream and as most places offer a sample you can test to see how rich they are. I don't eat too much so I would rather have a small tub of good ice cream that is richer in texture.

11. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    I love Ben & Jerry's every ice cream. They are all so delicious and not expensive as I think it should be. Another brand I like is Baskin Robins. They have unique flavors that really taste different but still as rich as any other ice cream brand you would eat. :)

12. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Firstly, I have some confession to do. I don't like vanilla flavor. I not only dislike it but tend to relate it to a girly choice. Oh, am I a maverick? Excuse me, but I just hate vanilla. Pistachio is my favorite, interspersed with dry fruits and saffron. My favorite brand, of course, is Ben and Jerry.

13. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Speaking of Target running a sale on Ben and Jerry, it looks like that’s happening right now. I wish it was the $3.50 sale, but hey, I’ll still take $3.75 considering it goes for almost twice that in other places. Now to decide whether I want a tried-and-true favorite or a new flavor...

14. tckc

tckcNew Member

Threads:
    Has anybody here tried Graeter's ice cream? Its in the Cincinnati area and is definitely the creamiest ice cream I have ever had. I'm also a big fan of Dippin' Dots, haha. They are usually only available at amusement parks or zoos, so they are majorly over priced, but I think they are so delicious!

15. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    I don't eat ice cream a lot, but when I buy it at the grocery store, I get Ben & Jerry's. Cherry Garcia is one of my favorite flavors - cherry and chocolate - you can't beat the combination!

16. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    Turkey Hill by far is the best ice cream I have had. It has such a smooth texture, and its almost rich. I think next is probably Ben & Jerry's because the variety of the different ice creams are so wide.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was never picky about the brand, it was more about the flavours and the textures. I really liked anything with huge chunks in it.. like cookie dough or oreo or the ones with chocolate bar pieces in them etc. Now I don't touch any of them.. they always made me feel sick and I didn't really care or notice much because they were so good. Now I just make my own diary free ice creams.

18. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It used to be Magnolia for us. They have that flavor of the month - special promotion each and every month. But some other brands came in and Magnolia, although still the number 1 in sales, is now struggling to maintain their position in the market.

My favorite ice cream is Arce. It is an original ice cream made from carabao's milk. It tastes different but has that authentic flavor of milk.

19. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    As of right now my favorite brand is not in any stores because of a recall. My favorite brand of ice cream is Blue Bell and my favorite flavor is cookies and cream. I really miss Blue Bell, I've been trying other ice cream brands and flavors and they just don't stand up to Blue Bell. I haven't tried any flavor from Ben and Jerry but I'm thinking of trying them next.

20. Payge cheshire

Payge cheshireNew Member

Threads:
    After reading all the previous posts I seem to be out of the loop on ice cream brands. Some you all have listed I've never even heard of, I guess I need to go to the store and see if I can find them and try them out. Although, I don't know about these other options I absolutely love Blue Bell Ice Cream. I am from Texas and they are very well known here for being the top competitor in the ice cream business. But on the budget side of things I love to make own ice cream at home!! It is a childhood memory I plan to pass on to my children some day.