Favorite Ice Cream brand?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Webene • Jan 15, 2015.

1. EpixStudiosNH

EpixStudiosNHNew Member

Threads:
    Ben and Jerry's, no contest!!! They use natural ingredients and have so many different flavors that it's almost impossible to choose. My favorite is Chunky Monkey or Phish Food. They make a pretty good frozen yogurt as well and have started making Greek frozen yogurt.

2. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    This may be weird, but I am not too picky when it comes to ice cream brands in store. If I'm looking for a unique flavor then of course Ben and Jerry will probably be my go to, but in general I am fine with the store brand. Turkey Hill is my most frequently purchased brand of ice cream.

3. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    When I do buy ice cream, I get Talenti Gelato. It's almost the same price as Ben and Jerry's, offering unique flavors as well. In my opinion, Talenti is higher quality. Every single flavor I have tried is amazing. From fruity, to chocolatey, to nutty, they just do the flavors right. Just recently they added about 7 new flavors. It's always so fun to find the newest flavors in stock at my local supermarket. The only problem is, I am slightly lactose intolerant so ice cream is definitely a rare treat :(

However, if you can eat ice cream, I recommend searching for Talenti!

4. Scarlet

ScarletMember

Threads:
    My favourite icecream use to be from the parlor I lived near, I have no idea where they got their icecream from but the flavors were amazing. My favourite was a triple chocolate that had huge chunks of chocolate fudge half melted it seemed within it.

Im pretty open to different brands but I like Ben and Jerry's brownie icecream. Someone gave me a tesco value tub and it was actually very nice for the price, I expected it to taste 'odd' like you said but is tasty for the price. I think its £3 for two tubs.

5. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm from Vermont, so Ben and Jerry's would have to be my favorite. I love going to the factory and buying ice cream there, and trying out all the new flavors. I would have to say that my favorite flavor is phish food. That is the one that I always go to when I want great ice cream. Ben and Jerry's has so many great flavors that it's hard to choose the best, but I would have to go with phish food.

6. seatones

seatonesNew Member

Threads:
    I would have to say Ben N Jerrys. They always have really quality ingredients and the consistency is nice and thick; I hate a fluffy ice cream. I've always loved the Heath Bar ice creams they have, and now they are even better because they use non-gmo toffee bars. I think it's great that a company so big is staying so committed to quality, non-gmo ingredients. I love how they have such a wide variety of flavors too- everything from basic vanilla to the most insane loaded combinations.

7. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I am agreed with the Ben N Jerry's over here too. However, I've not had much ice cream recently as all my favourite flavours seem to get banished to the flavour graveyard :(

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    For me to has to be double chocolate fudge! Nom nom nom!

Come to think of it, I like pretty much every flavour I've ever tried, I'll even stomach the rather bland vanilla flavour, although I'll normally drown it in sauce or hot chocolate powder. :)

9. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's sold in the US, but I personally prefer Magnum from Unilever. That ice cream is completely mesmerizing, taste wise, but what I found odd about it is that the packaging smells like chemical products, though the taste is nothing like it. Weird, right?

Nevertheless, a tasteful ice cream which I recommend.

10. leovew

leovewNew Member

Threads:
    Would anyone believe if I say that my favorite ice cream is from McDonald's? Yes! They have a seasonal flavor for their Mcflurry brand which is the Berry Mcflurry. It is a soft-serve ice cream with Graham crumbs and strawberry flavoring. I am INLOVE with them! It's just sad that they haven't added it to their regular menu.

11. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    So "brand" has no influence over your choice (other than the 'trust'-issue ... where--if you can get the same flavor at the same price--you'll stick with the brand you know rather than go with the un-tested new choices)?

Or do you think 'brands' taste different? I'm sure they do, much the same way chicken tastes different than turkey; but my taste-buds aren't very-discerning.

Sometimes 'limited availability' is what makes a product sell more. Like WWE's Andre the Giant; maybe he was 'just another Wrestler,' but he appeared on their programs rarely enough to be counted as "special!"

12. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the Kroger generic ice cream. It melts in my mouth just right, lol. It tastes as good as any of th popular brands. Better than a lot of others. If I was interested in candy being in my ice team, I'd go with Bn and Jerry's. But I like the plain chocolate.

13. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I love hagendas and Ben and Jerry's! There's one local store where I live that tops them all though!! If there's a local place nearby that does seasalt ice cream with pistachio, get it! It's the absolute best!!

14. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I used to like this ice cream before it became an Unilever brand. Perhaps is my perception, but once that a brand label is bought by some other large company, products are never the same when it comes to taste.

Actually I like Häagen-Dazs ice creams, but due to their price tag, not something that I use to eat on a frequent basis, opposed to those at McDonalds and Burger King that I eat regularly.

15. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    Ben and Jerry's, definitely. I love the Half-baked and even the fro-yo version is really good. I also like the peanut butter fudge core. I need to try the Hazed and Confused flavor, it sounds really good.

I don't know if anybody remembers this, but Edy's (I think) had and orange sherbet with chocolate chips. I loved that and I can never find anything like it. No one remember it but me.

16. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    The peanut butter fudge core is one of the best icecreams I've ever had!
    in regards to the Edy's one, there's something very similar in my local ice cream parlour! It's an orange sorbet with orange chocolate chips in it! It's really nice, but I don't know if it's similar to the one you're talking about. This is in the Netherlands though, so it might be a bit of a journey :p

17. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    Mine is indefinitely the Dreyers brand. I'm not a huge ice cream fanatic, but when I'm really looking for some pure vanilla bean ice cream, I can always turn to Dreyers! Unlike other brands and generic brands, they don't taste too goopy or chunky - and when you refreeze it, and melted ice cream doesn't turn into crystallized mush! However, I would suggest checking out local, handmade ice cream if there's any of that near you! Now, that's the stuff!

18. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    That's the truest statement I have read all day! They always have to screw it up. It seems like the more they sell, the more it gets eefed with, the more expensive it becomes, and the less I like it.

19. elrjlr22

elrjlr22New Member

Threads:
    My absolute favorite is Tillamook. It is the creamiest ice cream I've ever tasted. They also have flavors that aren't found with other ice cream brands like butterscotch and marionberry, which happen to be two of my favorites. I've noticed that in some grocery stores it can be a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it to pay a little more for something that tastes so good.

20. JennyHeart

JennyHeartNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite ice cream is Organic Alden's Mint Chocolate Chip. There is no color green in the organic Mint chocolate chip because natural mint is not green. Usually consumers know that the green color in the ice cream is from the green food coloring. The first time I purchases it I thought I picked up the wrong carton. I have always bought the brands that had the green coloring in the ice cream. Force of habit had me associating mint with why green was not in Alden's organic ice cream. I have grown to appreciate natural ingredients in all organic ice creams. The Alden's Mint Chocolate chip ice cream taste great. I give it a 10 out of 10. The ice cream scoops out perfectly. The texture is soft and easy to scoop out. The ice cream has me feeling satisfied with only one serving. i think it must be because of all the natural ingredients.