Favorite Juice Flavor

Discussion in Food & Drink started by chiofthenorns • Sep 11, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know, but unlike many people, I don't like orange juice. For me, it is too sour, and it makes my stomach hurt. These are some of the reasons why I would rather drink Apple or mango juice. They taste a whole lot better, and they are not that acidic. So, what is your favorite juice flavor?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of people have trouble with orange juice. When they pasteurize it, they kill all the enzymes which make it harder to digest. If you ever get a chance to have freshly squeezed orange juice you might want to give it a try, it even tastes different than store bought orange juice.

My personal favorite juices are blueberry and cranberry. I like to mix my cranberry juice with a little bit of apple juice to reduce the tartness a little, but not so much as to make it sweet. I discovered blueberry juice a few years ago, it is quite expensive but it is absolutely delicious and a real treat I like to get now and then.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite juice flavor is Diet Cranberry Juice. Like yourself, I am not the biggest fan of orange juice. I love Diet Cranberry Juice for the taste and the antioxidants. I'm trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and that includes what I eat on a daily basis. I don't have a taste for any other types of juices. I always hated the flavor of apple juice. My next move is to try juicing with different fruits and vegetables. I know this is great for the body and perhaps I can come up with my own drink to satisfy my taste buds.

4. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I definitely like freshly squeezed orange juice that I make out of my own juicer, definitely worth the effort as the juice tastes completely different from the carton ones. In terms of the carton juices, I think my favourite would probably be grape juice, I really like the flavour and it gives you some satisfaction of eating grapes, without the hassle with the skin and the seeds.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of lemonade but often they make it too sour for my tastes.
    Because of this I'm always a bit wary when getting it at a restaurant unless I've had it there before, at my work I have the perfect situation for me, they have lemonade (too sour) and strawberry juice (too sweet) so I just ask them to mix them 50% of each and it becomes perfect for me :)

6. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Grape juice! I even learned how to prepare and store a large quantity for winter. How the recipe goes: you get some grapes, get the juice out and they boil everything over medium fire. As the juice boils you have to remove all the froth that gathers on the surface until it stops appearing. By removing the froth you remove the fermenting agent that's turning grape juice into wine. And voila, sweet sweet grape juice to last you a whole winter! Cheap and healthy.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite is apple and blackcurrant juice, but it isn't always available everywhere. I then opt for apple and elderflower which is a great blend as it makes the juice less bitter and elderflower is a good combination to helps aid digestion. I also like pomegranate juice, but you can't drink too much in one day as it will make you go to the toilet!

8. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you on the OJ. Its sour and very acidic in nature. However, i will still drink it for nutritional Vitamin C. My favorite juice however is grape juice. Its so sweet and very tasty in flavor. I also like pineapple juice. It's incredible add well.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like OJ alone but my favorite is to mix some pineapple juice along with the OJ the blend is very refreshing. I also like to drink lemonade. if I don't make it myself Chic-fil makes the best.

10. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like freshly squeezed orange juice or mango juice but I don't drink juice that often. I prefer smoothies over juices...or just eating the fruit instead.

I like lightly sweetened lemonade too. It's very refreshing on a hot day! I love tart drinks with lots of ice.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like mango flavor the most because it's my most favorite fruit even when not in juice form. The only problem is that they don't come in as many forms as orange since that one is a lot more popular. Orange flavor can be found pretty much anywhere including powdered form, slushies, etc. whereas mango juice only comes in either canned form or tetra pack. My most hated flavor is grape because it makes me dizzy for some reason.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite juice is orange juice. I understand what you mean about it being too acid sometimes, but to me it's very rare that I find my juice too acid. I also love strawberry juice, mango and pineapple with mint! Those are my favorites, very refreshing.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed, I've never cared for orange juice very much either. Mango and apple are good, plus white grape juice. I tried one from Harris Teeter recently, white grape and peach, which was really light and good.