Favorite Laptop Brand

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by soulite • Jun 29, 2014.

1. soulite

souliteNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite laptop brand would either have to be Sony or Apple, maybe Dell. Sony used to make amazing laptops, but now I'm sad that they discontinued their VAIO laptops. Apple makes pretty amazing computers even though they cost an arm and a leg. Dell is on my list mainly because Alienware is a subsidiary of Dell.

2. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    My top 3 are Apple, Lenovo, and Asus. All 3 for different reasons centered around me being a student. Apple laptops have long battery lives to last throughout the school day as well as being easy to use. Lenovo laptops are some of the most solidly built laptops in my experience. They stand up very well to typical wear and tear compared to even Dell and Apple. Finally, Asus computers are on my list because of how inexpensive they are, which is always a plus as a student. They are not necessarily the best, but they are usually the cheapest of their respective classes.

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to go for HP computers. I think that they are very user-friendly. They also have high performance specs for a low price. I also tend to think that HP computers look really smart and generally much better than the competition. I love the design and I think that it is tailor-made for their uses. Another thing for me is that HP computers last quite a while. Every single time aborted HP computer I've never had a problem with the hardware. So that is my preferred choice

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite laptop brand is Dell I Love my dell laptop. Especially one that has a good super hard drive with a lot of preloaded programs. I have been very fortunate to get great laptops for my kids and myself. I think before one buys a laptop do your research I purchased a Acer laptop and it was not worth buying didnt last long.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have three top brands. I'm a big fan of Lenovo for exactly the same reasons you gave in your reply. They were made for the business traveler so they tolerate a lot of abuse. I still have some ThinkPad that were outsourced to Lenovo by IBM. They will become outdated before they stop working.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd put my vote on Apple on this one. I think they are very deserving of the loyalty they get because they churn out very solid products, and even though they are overpriced, I personally expect their devices to last a lot longer than I would any other brand, so I'd say it's worth it. Also, each feature such as gestures, shortcuts and build are all very well thought out and although they are arguably still lacking in some respects, what they do have really does work well for a casual user. I still prefer to just do leisure on my Apple laptop, though, and for work I'd much rather use a Windows laptop and when it comes to those I can live with pretty much any brand just as long as it isn't cheap and won't easily break.

7. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    While they don't produce laptops, I love my Surface Pro 2 from Microsoft.

It's nice to finally have hardware made by the software makers that is specifically designed to take advantage of modern operating systems.

8. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    I love my HP laptop so I'm going to have to say HP, but obviously there's a lot nicer laptops. Alienware has some really nice gaming laptops that look and perform pretty amazingly.

9. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    My favorite laptop brand would definitely be apple. I like to use solid, premium products even if they are on the costly side. And I'm a big fan of apple. I've always owned them and they have never let me down.

10. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Same here, I have 2 HP desktop computers and I never have major issues with it. Also the HP guys (technical/customer service) are great and always helpful. Once I bought an NEC laptop just because of its low price but regret it later since it didn't last long. I have to replace it (still under warranty then) but still after a few months I got problems with it again and I finally have to buy a new one but this time I bought an HP.