Favorite lesser known movie of 2014?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Webene • Jan 4, 2015.

1. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    2014 was a great year in film, with numerous top quality movies being released. Most of these films are extremely popular and had high grossing's at the box office, including Interstellar, Guardians of the Galaxy, Xmen: Days of Future Past, Captain America 2, the final Hobbit, Mockingjay part 1 and the highest grossing film, Transformers: Age of Extinction. While these big budget films were intense and thoroughly enjoyable, there were numerous films that were just as good, but received little attention. One of the films that fit into this category is Birdman, which was full of great performances by the actors and actresses. Are there any less popular films that were amazing that you watched in 2014?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've enjoyed a number of movies this year but if I were to choose a lesser known movie with a lot of spunk and that's equally good as most of the epic movies I've watched this year, then I would have to go with Beauty and the Beast. It's a French film starring Lea Seydoux as Belle and Vincent Cassel as the Beast. Man, the CGI was so breathtaking it made me gasp in awe. The plot's a little different from Disney's version of Beauty and the Beast but on the whole, the film pretty much captured the fairy tail essence but with a French flavor to it.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Transcendence was a good movie that dealt with this crazy computer science and Artificial Intelligence nonsense, which Stephen Hawking himself disapprove of allowing A.I.s to replace humans. Predestination was a mind-bending movie and was the second best sci-fi movie this year [behind Interstellar] in my opinion. Robocop was a good reboot overall, but it is not up to par with the original movie. Two vampire movies worth to watch were Dracula Untold and What We Do In The Shadows, both were distinct in their stories and the characters acting were great.