Favorite makeup brand?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by xcmiller93x • Apr 28, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a favorite makeup/cosmetics brand? Maybelline, Cover Girl, etc?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love Avon. It's the only make up I can use on my sensitive skin, and the colours stay true for hours. I also like their skin care range, toiletries and fragrances. I've been using Avon for over 40 years now, with no problems at all, and it's great value for money. I can't see me ever changing to another brand.

3. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I have several brands that I use - MAC, Estée Lauder, Maybelline, and Body Shop. My late mother loved Estée Lauder and I used to think that it was more for the older generation ;) but after I tried the blusher and eyeshadow, I liked it, so I shared them with my mother. I still have some of hers that I use, since she passed away. I LOVE liquid eyeliner from Body Shop - the first tube I bought was in 2006 and it lasted for 3 years! Mind you, I use it almost every day. I bought the second tube thereafter, and I still have it. I would definitely buy another one from the store when I'm done with this one.

MAC has a fabulous range of brushes, eyeshadow, blusher, and many others. They are pricey but worth every cent! I like the colours, as I could hardly find the right colour for my skin from other brands.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love MUJI's line of cosmetics because apparently, they are the only ones that I can use for my skin. I have very sensitive skin and using MUJI's products has never made any allergic reaction to mine. I recommend that you try their face powder!

5. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Thinking about this question made me realize that I have zero brand loyalty.

MAC for eyeshadows, Dior for liners, Aveda for gloss, Lancome for foundation & powder, and I swear Max Factor Lash Lift can't beat any department store brand mascara I've tried.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I am a HUGE fan of MUJI. They have such a great ethic and the quality of their items is just truly out of this world. Other than Muji, I would say that I really like the feel of Estee Lauder's products but due to the sensitivity of my skin...I tend to only use organic products that they sell at a Nature's market near us. Mind you, Revlon served me well in my uni days...(-:

7. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge Sephora fan when it comes to eye makeup!

8. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    The favorite makeup brand of my girlfriend is Benefit.She says that their products are very cool e different,even though its expensive but its worth it in her opinion as they go on rely well e last all day.

9. SmartVersatileCookie

SmartVersatileCookieNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Mary Kay's mineral makeup line. It provides the full coverage I need, no smudging and lasts all day long. It is also extremely affordable. I spend approximately $25 for makeup that lasts for months. Makeup is no longer a monthly bill.

10. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I like elf and Sephora. I used to like Mary Kay, my mom used to sell it. I haven't tried the mineral makeup from Mary Kay, but I want to now lol.

11. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I started using Bare Minerals a few years ago and have been pleased with it. One little container of the makeup lasts for months. My daughters got me started on it, and what I liked about it on them was that it was very natural looking, and they didn't look like they were piling on a ton of makeup. I might have to check out the Mary Kay mineral makeup, though. My sister in law sells it, so I will have to ask about it.

12. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    Estee Lauder Double Wear for foundation and Buxom mascara are my two, must have splurges. I'm up to trying anything after that.

13. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I don't think I've got a favourite makeup brand... Maybe powder (or this thing to put under powder) L'Oreal is good for me, the color suits me and its consistency. But because I don't wear makeup a lot I think that's the reason I just don't pay much attention to it.

14. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    I have no specific makeup brand. I just buy whatever brand it is as long as it looks pretty on my face.. However, most of my makeup products are from Avon. It is very popular here in my country and the products are truly affordable. Another brand that I love is Sophie, I simply love their lipsticks especially the pink one.

15. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I love using Clarins as a cosmetic range but when it comes to makeup I absolutely adore MAC. What I also like about MAC are that the consultants are very helpful and are always willing to show you how to apply a particular product. Perhaps thats why I end up buying more than I need.:)

16. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    Well for foundation I love using the MAC brand. However, when I purchase my eye shadows I usually purchase cheap ones from my local hair store which is only about $1.99. They work just as well as the expensive stuff if not better.

17. abbywillow

abbywillowNew Member

Threads:
    I love Rimmel because several years ago they had a great glittery gold and silver eyeliner. I can still find it on eBay every now and then, but they don't have it now. At any rate, they are a makeup brand that is not super cheap, but not the most expensive, either. Overall, I am very happy with Rimmel and their availability of makeup. Otherwise, I like Covergirl.

18. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I love mac for my lips and cheeks, urban decay (naked) for my eyes. 'loreal for my face. I think whats important in choosing cosmetics is deciding on what products best enhances your features and with colors that complement your natural color. It's also important that you wear your make up and not let your make up wear you!:)

19. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Right now I'm loving Maybelline and Clinique because for some reason they're not that harsh on my face. Not only that, they're very affordable too.

20. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I love and have been wearing Merle Norman since 1991.... wow thats 21 years! Time flies. Well I stumbled upon Merle Norman when I had bad acne due to a product called NuSKin. Since I couldn't cure it, I decided to cover it up. I lived out in the country back then, and the only make up place in town was Merle Norman. (The mall was about 45 minutes away) Anyway, I was trying t cover up the acne, but within a week of using it, all of my acne was gone. Like a miracle. There is zinc in the foundation. Well, they sold me after that!