Favorite milk?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mistymi • Mar 13, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of variations of milk now. I used to drink dairy a lot but as I got older it started tasting weird. I have tried almond milk, soy milk, flax milk, rice milk, coconut milk, but I like soy the most. I drink unsweetened soy milk, which taste like nothing by itself but I usually use it for cereal or cookies, which already has sugar. I still like using dairy milk for things like coffee though. I've tried soy milk with coffee and it tasted flat and really didn't taste right. I'm curious about chocolate soy milk, which I've never tried.

2. Mr James

Mr JamesBanned

Threads:
    Yup @mistymi
    There are a lot of verity of milk actually i am going to share some information with you that different companies are making milks and each company have it's own quality to produce fresh milk so we can't judge a fresh milk by these companies.
    But personally i like to drink pure Dairy Milk because i trust on this which make my health good.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been drinking milk since I was a kid. They tried to force me, telling me that it's necessary for my bones and health. I refused, because milk always made me gag and even vomit. Dairy milk produces a lot of mucous in the body and you can get all kinds of problems from consuming it. A lot of people are allergic to milk. I think if you like animal milk, be it from cows, goats or sheep, try and get it fresh from the farm. If this proves too difficult, or untreated milk worries you, try your health food store and see what they have on offer. Most of them sell whole milk. Talk to the staff if you can, they are usually a well of information.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    The cow milk variety. Never liked any of these fruit based ones, and to be honest I consume quite a small amount of milk so I'm not even bothered to try them.

5. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I only drink dairy milk every now and then. I don't drink it enough to call it my favorite, and I don't bother even trying other kinds of milk. I think the benefits of milk are truly over-hyped, to be honest, so this is really a non-issue for me.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have almost always just used semi skimmed, from the milkman. I did recently go through a phase of having double cream in tea, but eventually found it too rich so now I am back to semi-skimmed. Funny thing is that I can't stand whole milk but don't mind double cream. I've used double cream to make my own butter though.

7. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Just dairy milk. The only time I really consume milk at all anymore is with my cereal at breakfast. Parents basically forced me to drink a glass a night when I was kid and it kind of ruined drinking it straight.

Never really tried the other sorts of milk, but heard some of it is pretty tasty.

8. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    Chocolate milk is the best hands down! Personally, plain white milk is the worst, I just don't like it because the taste is horrible! And it is NOT good for your bones you can google it or ask a doc if you don't believe me

9. JoJoYorkshire

JoJoYorkshireNew Member

Threads:
    Almond milk is my favourite, although an unsweetened version is quite hard to get hold of here. I also like soya milk, that's quite easy to find unsweetened and is great in savoury stuff if you need it. Hazelnut milk is pretty good, and coconut (the drinking version, not the stuff you get in a can). Does anybody here make their own versions of nut milks etc?

10. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I have yet to try out almond milk. I usually only have semi-skimmed milk. I drink maybe 1-2 pints of milk per day, sometimes more if I'm training. Full fat milk is ok, but I don't drink too much of that. And of course, I have plenty on my cereal in the morning.

I'm not a big fan of chocolate milk. It leaves a gloopy after taste in my mouth, and I don't like coming into contact with the sediment at the bottom. :D

11. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    I have a cycle of drinks I have over the year. I normally drink Dairyland 2% Milk (from cows), then I would ease into Almond Soya Milk or Almond Milk, then pure Soya Milk, then back to dairy milk again. They all taste very good, but dairy milk has always been consistent with me. However, as I got older, I found that I cannot drink dairy milk as the first thing I drink in the morning. I have to drink something else before I drink milk.

12. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be honest, I've never tried any other type of milk other than the regular kind - from a cow.
    I'm a bit curious about soy milk but I'm afraid I'll just end up wasting a carton if I don't like it. Is it healthier for you?

13. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I don't drink a lot of milk, but I do like it from time to time. I always buy 2% because that is what I grew up on and I like it a lot. However I did try the almond milk once and thought it was very good, I loved it actually. However, the price was just a little to steep for me when I am feeding a family of 5. My least favorite is skim. My grandparents us it and they like it, however it's to runny for me.