Favorite Movie Soundtrack Albums

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Apr 29, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think soundtrack albums (OST) were a lot more famous back then, as I can't recall any recent movie that really promoted a strong and unique album alongside it. Am I wrong? Have there been any significant pairings of movie and music album as of recent? The closest I would recall on recent ones that still did this somewhat are Almost Famous and maybe Sucker Punch. What are your all time favorite movie soundtrack albums?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a hard one.. I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Usually if I even notice the music in a movie, I'll look up the soundtrack.. I don't remember the last time I did that.

3. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I know I have been tempted by the Sons of Anarchy soundtrack album. And there are now two of them out. Haven't made the purchase though.
    Yes I recognize it is not a movie.
    I do have and still play the soundtrack from Pulp Fiction, which is probably my
    favorite soundtrack. Not really a recent soundtrack I admit.
    Ryder13

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This really is a hard one.
    I'm going to go with the Chicago or aren't soundtrack. I love these two because the music to me is just brilliant and catchy which is a great combination(haha). I love the song seasons of love from rent since I don't think I can ever get third of listening to it. Also, despite it being so catchy it also has such a strong message that it delivers.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really paid much attention to the soundtracks of the movies lately the only ones i remember that I really liked one was from a long time ago and another not to long ago, one was from the 1970's Theme from Love Story "Where do I Begin" and the other was Titanic the theme song was "My heart will go On". I really like these two theme songs.

6. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    The only recent soundtrack I can think of would be the Titanic soundtrack. And maybe the sountrack for the movie Rockstar. The first soundtracks I thought of when I read this are from a real long time ago. But they both produced platinum songs. The first one would be Saturday Night Fever. At the height of the disco era along came this record. Who could forget the BeeGees and Staying Alive. This was an album I had to have, so I saved a months worth of babysitting money to get it. The second album came from a movie that was a disaster at the box office. But the soundtrack produced multi platinum songs. The movie was Xanadu, starring Olivia Newton-John and Michael Beck. It also starred Gene Kelly, in which it was to be his last acting role. But these two soundtrack albums had great memories for me and they really stand out to me.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say the soundtrack for Schindler's List. I don't know if it is because it reminds me of the sad parts of the movie, or the sad parts of the movie are sad because of the soundtrack, but the music in the movie is beautiful.

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was mesmerized with the soundtrack of the movie City of Angels. The songs fit the movie perfectly. They were melancholic and haunting. The music could appeal to both young and old. I also liked the soundtrack of Twilight: Braking Dawn part 2. I absolutely loved the song A Thousand Years. It keeps playing over and over in my head. lol.

9. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought this one and I don't even know if it is a 'soundtrack album' but the
    new Brad Pitt film Killing Them Softly has Nico and Lou Reed songs used very effectively. Nice. Oh yeah Nico recorded with Lou and the Velvet Underground but she also did a number of solo albums. These two songs really fit with the film at least for me. It is not exactly uplifting but a damn good film from my POV.
    Ryder13

10. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    I love the soundtrack of Fifty First Dates because the music there are familiar and the ones i listen to, but what really makes it interesting is the way the music is transformed from pop to reggae. I also love the OST of The Wedding Singer. The songs there are mostly from the 80's. I just love songs from the 80"s! Both movies, by the way, starred Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler.

11. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    Normally I would not notice soundtracks from movies but then i recently came across a movie called "Blessed and Cursed". It is sort of a musical about a church singer. It was pretty good. For a serious music lover like me i was really impressed and then actually went ahead and bought the soundtrack which was released as an album called "Church on the Moon". It was some really nice and phenomenal music which i really enjoyed.

12. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    I was a total fan of The Piano by Jane Campion and starring Holly Hunter and a very young Anna Paquin (way before True Blood). It had the most beautiful piano score that was actually played by Holly Hunter herself in the film. It was haunting and so beautiful. Just go to Youtube and search for "The Sacrifice" written by Michael Nyman for "The Piano".

13. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    The Spawn Soundtrack! Collaboration between Metal And Rock Greats with Electronica! They started it all til Skrillex and Korn did it today.
    The best songs in that album for me were Marilyn Manson and Sneaker Pimp's "Long Hard Road Out Of Hell", Dust Brothers and Korn "Kick the P.A." and lastly "Familiar" by D.J. Greyboy and Incubus.

14. oracewx

oracewxNew Member

Threads:
    I'm sure people would have said this but I'm just going to say it again.

The OST that I like are the Pirates of the Caribbean ones. That pump up soundtrack just fits Captain Jack Sparrow so much. I really love that OST.

15. chriswild1122

chriswild1122New Member

Threads:
    I would say either Kill Bill or Pulp Fiction. Tarantino assembles some of the greatest pop and R&B songs of all time and peppers them throughout his films soundtrack - not to mention the heavy use of Ennio Morricone. The best part of a Tarantino film is often the dialogue and the music. What's your favourite Tarantino soundtrack/song used? I have to admit the soundtrack for Reservoir Dogs comes in as a close 3rd to the two listed above.

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love all the music that comes on all of the Twlight movies but I don't know the names of the songs I would love to download the whole soundtrack from these movies

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is really hard one as others have said. I am going to go with Chicago. It is old but good.

18. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I like some of the music from The Lord of The Rings. Not all of the music, but there are a certain number of tracks that are really quite cool.

19. littledipster

littledipsterNew Member

Threads:
    I really enjoyed the soundtrack for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.. So many great Jon Brion piano tracks and Beck's song "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime" is great as well. It really gives the movie that extra feeling that a soundtrack should. I also listened to the soundtrack for Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom! I'm not sure what it is about it but that soundtrack really got me into Francoise Hardy and instrumental pieces as well. I really recommend both because they include instrumental tracks and scores and also songs from other artists, which I prefer to break up the slower parts.