Favorite Movie

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by difrancprod • Apr 11, 2012.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    21 Jump Street is my all time favorite i have watched it about 100 times since it came out and i can't help it lol it's just so funny.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm a sucker for psychological thrillers, I really like the genre. I don't know if I could pick just one, but my favorite ones would be Memento, Oldboy, The Usual Suspects, Shutter Island, The Game, Donnie Darko, Mr. Brooks and The Prestige.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dirty Dancing is one of my favorites. My grandson was in love with Howls Moving Castle, I think he made us look at it 6 times.

4. davidlamber8100

davidlamber8100New Member

Threads:
    My list included:
    1. Titanic.
    2. Harry Potter.
    3. Skyfall.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is the hardest question in the world for me to answer. It's different depending on the day. Usually at the top of the list is movies like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. I also have a thing for the Scream movies, my son and I watch them a lot. I will always, always have 16 Candles at the top of the list too and others from back then, like The Breakfast Club and almost every other Brat Pack movie.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I recently watched a Japanese film based on a novel called Confessions. It's not for everyone and it can be very depressing, but if you like psychological thrillers, definitely watch it. It's in my top 5.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I always have a problem deciding this sort of question. It's either Primer or Oldboy, both masterpieces of cinematography that everyone should watch. These types of movies are really hard to explain, so the only way is to watch for yourself.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Another Oldboy fan! You automatically qualify as my friend. I've watched the movie about 4 times already, and it's just absolutely brilliant. Have you watched the rest of the vengeance trilogy from the same director? "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" is another great piece of artwork by him.

I can't say the same for Primer, though. That movie bored me to death, but I know it's not for everyone. They purposely used very technical language and complex Physics principles and such and a very, very limited budget. I found it way too confusing (I like those kinds of movies, but this one was not easy to follow from the very dull performances). But hey, to each their own.

9. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite movies would have to be Coming to America, Trading Places, I am Legend, Titanic, Annie, Blue Streak, The Godfather, and Scarface.

10. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    My favorite movie is Martin Scorsese's "The Departed." This film follows Leonardo DiCaprio as an undercover Massachusetts state trooper embedded in a local Boston mafia organization, and Matt Damon as an undercover mafia operator in the Massachusetts state police. Both moles struggle to expose the other with the help of their well-armed organizations, and there are many plot twists and surprises throughout the film. The movie is very suspenseful, intense, dramatic, and extremely entertaining.

11. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    Shawshank Redemption, Charlie St. Cloud, Despicable Me, Mrs. Doubtfire, Seven Pounds, Brian's Song, One True Thing, What Makes A Family, The Notebook, One Fine Day, Ghost , Philadelphia, and A Walk To Remember are just a few of many of my favorite movies. Oh, and one oldie but goodie is "Imitation of Life."

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite movie would have to be inception. I am a huge Leonardo Dicaprio fan which is why when this more came out I just went completely crazy over it. I needed up watching it about five times and I am sure that I will watch it very soon in the future once again. It is one of the most brilliant films that I have ever seen.

13. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    My favorite movie is Titanic. I'm just fascinated with everything that has to do with the ship and the people who sailed on her. Truly a tragedy. I've seen just about every film about Titanic but I so loved the James Cameron version.

14. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    I'd have to say The Lion King. In addition, anything with Tyler Perry, Jim Carey, and Ben Stiller. :D

15. smilekill

smilekillNew Member

Threads:
    titanic and hacock are my favorite movies

16. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    Me too! It cracks me up everytime I watch it. I believe there is a sequel for during the last minutes in the film, they were given another assignment? Am I right? I really hope that there is!

17. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have always been fascinated with tragic love stories and Titanic is one good example of that. I know it's a bit too cheesy and romantic but I just totally love the chemistry between Jack and Rose. I have cried so many times at the ending. The cinematography is also exquisite, and who would ever forget the iconic theme song of this movie which is "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion?

18. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is still The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction or Goodfellas. All absolute classics and brilliant movies.

19. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of good movies, so usually I enjoy the latest I've been seeing. I recall the recent Imitation Game that I really enjoyed, a good plot about different people.