Favorite music genre?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 1, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    What is your favorite genre of music?

2. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I love Jazz because the jazz singers are very different from other singers! All the trumpets, cellos are played in perfect harmony and rhythm which gives us great music in the end.

There are many types of jazz. But I would say my favorite is definitely cool jazz. Check out Chet Baker! I love Beegie Adair's piano and definitely check out "La Mer" by Chantal Chamberland. Lovely tune but it's in french.

3. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy listening to a little bit of everything. My iPod is a mix of hip hop, rap, pop and RnB music. I am sure there is a little bit of Alternative Rock sprinkled in too.

It's all about whether the song sounds good for me.

There is only one genre where I hate every single song. This specific genre would be heavy metal. I am not a fan at all. I don't even understand how that is classified as music, but each to his own I suppose.

4. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy a lot of genres, too. But there's a catch. Most of the songs I listen to are Japanese songs. Whether hip-hop, jazz, or rock, 80% of the songs in my iPod are Japanese. It may be because I'm into anime, but I do listen to other songs not related to them at all. I like how there are these Japanese songs that have really deep meanings - songs that really inspire me. Especially those that "tell a story."

5. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I really like classic 60-80s hard rock, and classic Metal, and some modern metal bands. No, not popular screamy stuff, but I love Folk and European Power Metal. Some thrash, like, two of the big four, such as Metallica and Megadeth, but I would rather listen to Power Metal, Trance Metal, or Folk/Viking metal any day than pop metal/pop rock/pop.

6. dcprechtl

dcprechtlNew Member

Threads:
    I love listening to Country music, but my favorite would have to be Celtic/Gaelic music. I love listening to the voices of Celtic thunder.

7. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Classical instrumentals for me. Used to love hot music, the hotter and louder the better. That was when I was a radio dj. I suppose they are right when they say a person's preferences changes with age.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I love almost all genres, except for certain jazz, just too all over the place. Right now I am enjoying European dance, Korean pop (K-pop) and some American and UK hip hop.

If I had to choose one genre, over all, that I have always loved, it would probably be Brit Rock...like Cold Play, Pulp, Ash etc...just lovely.

9. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to rock a lot but I don't listen to it exclusively because I am also open to other genres like punk, jazz and RnB. I love to listen to rock songs every time I wake up because it somehow sets my mood for the day and it feels like it gives me energy to start my day.

10. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I love 80s music. I also like pop, rock, and Christian music. I am not a fan of heavy metal, rap, or country music. My husband loves country music and it drives me crazy to listen to it all the time.

11. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I love 80s and Country. I don't know why I love these two genres more than the others, as I listen to everything, I just can't get enough of them.

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have one favorite genre of music. I like jazz, especially old jazz. I also like R&B, classical and something called new thought or positive music.

13. mecallatress

mecallatressNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite genre is pop and hip hop! It is something about dance music that mskes me happy!

14. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I like pretty much everything jazz, hiphop, R&B, country. I like any type of music that tells a story ai could relate too. I don't care who or what it is.

15. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    It all starts with R&B and then flows into Pop, Country, Rock and some jazz. But, everything is held to the standard lyrically and musically of the R&B that I grew up on.

16. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to all kinds of genres. I like R&B, Classical music, Jazz, and Contemporary-infused classical. A very long time ago, I enjoyed listening to Rave music. These days, it depends.. I can still listen to some of them.

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Mine's rock. I love 80s and 90s rock, alternative, punk, all kinds of it.

18. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I'll be the odd one out here, and say that I love country music. Ever since I was born, that is what I have listened too. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy other types of music as well, but country is most definitely my favorite.

19. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I like a lot of different types of music but my favorite will always be rock. I grew up listening to rock music so everything from the 60's to current rock is usually what I am listening to.

20. Wheely

WheelyNew Member

Threads:
    I listen to country, Alternative Rock, and Christian Rock