Favorite music genre?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • May 1, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I absolutely adore any jazz music from the first half of the 20th century and the 1960s, classical music and opera. I also like to hear soundtrack music from time to time.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love that R&B because that is what I was raised up listen and dancing to. There was never a piece of that music that I didn't love. I knew a lot of the artist and songs that they sing. I don't know but it's like the blues is waht I am all about. I live breath and could sleep this music and it's like an obsession. Whereas most of my people are music lovers and play instruments, I fill that I got left out somehow. But it's all inside of me and I can't live without it. I always tell people I must have been a singer or played music in my other life, that's just how it affects me.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    90's.. grunge, punk etc. I do still like some of the 80's stuff, but I'm growing out of it. The 60's and 70's were amazing for music as well. I'm just all over the place with what I like. Certain Blues too. Pretty much anything with a guitar focus, I'm all over it.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to choose rock in general. Electronic is pretty cool and can fit a lot of moods, but rock has that power to keep you going.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I listen to mostly pop, dance and classical. I don't like the other ones very much anymore especially the ones that sound angry. I prefer that my music soothes me instead of riles me up, seeing as I am easily affected by it. I find myself carrying a lighter demeanor when I listen to more whimsical songs, and I prefer myself when I am that way.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to listen to the following music genres (they are arranged according to my preference)
    1. Alternative
    2. Love songs
    3. Pop
    4. Oldies
    5. Country
    6. Rock
    7. Emo rock
    8. Rap Metal
    9. Rap
    10. Rap Ballad

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Officially I'm a metal head but I tend to enjoy other genres as well such as RnB, 80s music, hardcore, rave, DnB and even a bit of trance now and again. The only kind of music that doesn't appeal to me is the crap that is being put out by boy/girl bands.

8. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    I love the R&B genre. From the likes of Stevie Wonder up to the recent ones like Usher and Chris Brown. I love how R&B flows. May it be a slow R&B or a hiphop R&B, I enjoy listening to it. On the other hand, if I need to concentrate on my job, like if I have to finish paperworks or have to write an article, I listen to jazz. It soothes my mind and I can concentrate more, thus, making my job faster and easier.

9. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love soul and blues when it comes to music. They easily relax me and ease all my tensions. Aretha Franklin will always be my hero.

10. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite music genres are dance, trance, and pop. ATB is one of my favorite trance music artist. He is the song writer and producer of trance and dance music.

11. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I love electronic and metal.
    Not the UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ electronic, but artists like Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada and Autechre. For metal I like aggressive bands like Meshuggah and Sepultura.

12. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I like lots of different types of music. I have a big library with classic rock, r&b, pop, metal, hard rock, easy listening, classical, techno, and trance. I love listening to all of them often. I choose what I want to listen to by what mood I am in. That also determines how often I listen to music.

13. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Deathrock, post-punk, industrial (real industrial, thank you very much), power electronics, dark ambient, noise.

Other than that, I really have a little bit of most genres. There is only few genres I don't listen to at all - pop, country, most folk and club electronica genres. Other than that, I probably have at least one album of every genre. :)

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite genre of music would be RnB, rap, pop, rock, metal, ballads, and some 80's songs. I don't like to listen to classical and reggae though. I just can't seem to appreciate those genres, eventhough I have an eclectic taste in music.

15. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    Most of the music I own and listen to are music soundtracks. I have a lot of Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore and various other composers. Basically, if I see a movie and I like the soundtrack, then I'll download it.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no preference for music genres. Rather, I have specific songs I listen to depending on my mood. If I'm feeling down for instance I could go for up-beat music or just settle for something slow and inspirational like some of Tim Mcgraw's songs. So, for me, genres have no appeal for but the quality of the music [and content] does.

17. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite music genre is true hip hop. I often find myself listening to 80s/90s hip hop from when it was trendy popular in New York City (Bronx & Brooklyn). I think today, rappers try -- but don't quite get to that level of hip hop. Kendrick Lamar would be the closest.

18. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    My favorite 3 would have to be Rock, Blues, and Bluegrass (a mix of blues, rock and country music).

19. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been listening to Indie-Folk music a lot and I'm really liking the genre. I've also discovered a lot of bands and i think I'm addicted to this kind of music. I love the folkish feel to it but not overly oldish or anything. It still has a bit of modern tune in it. Indie-Folk owning me right now. :)

20. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    The genre I like to listen to or play to others, is the genre I shall listen to at the moment. A man [or woman], doesn't have one favorite music genre, he or she has an affinity towards their believed perspective tastes, values, and emotions, which he or she allows to be stirred by certain vibrational frequencies.