Favorite pet during your childhood?

Discussion in Pets started by eagletal88 • Jan 16, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    What's your favorite pet you had during your childhood?

Mine was a hamster that I named Rambo. I was only 8 when I got him, so I wanted to give him a super cool manly name, haha. He lived for almost 6 years and was a great childhood pet. I remember hearing that squeaky wheel going every night. I swear he was training to live of to the name of Rambo.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine was a kitten that followed us home one day. She was a barn cat, so my mother took her back, but she just started showing up at our home after that so we kept her. She was my very first cat.. the first of so so so so so many lol. We literally grew up together.. she lived a wonderful 26 years and I still miss her every day.

3. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite pet was a dog who did not even like me all that much. She was a rescued dog, my dad got her out of her previous hell, and she loved HIM more than possible. Me, she tolerated. She did bark and come to me when my school bus came in the street after school, though. Even if she was not too fond of me, I loved her to bits, like kids often love pets no matter what response they get!

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I had a rooster when I was little girl. He was reddish in color and I thought he was the most beautiful thing in the world. He even let me pick him up and carry him around. Well, not really. LOL He would let me pick him up for a bit and then want to be let down after what he considered a reasonable amount of time. He lived for about 8 or 9 years. I still remember him fondly.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I had a chicken (a hen) when I was a kid and I named her koo-rook. She was very friendly and does not shun away from people. She was a well-behaved chicken. I used to put her on top of my tummy and she wouldn't moved an inch. Everybody can just pick her up. Too bad, she was stolen and up to this day, her case still remains unsolved, lol!!

6. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    Mine was a little dog, it was a Chihuahua, but to be honest I wanted a German shepherd, but my little Chihuahua grew on me and I learned to love her I gave her the name Nipper originally I wanted to give her the name Terminator but I was a co-owner of her along with my sister and she got the last word, she lived about 20 years. I still miss her, she was part of the family.

7. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    I had a Labrador Retriever named Laika when I was a kid that was born before me. He lived until I was 10 years old because of old age. I remembered the time when I was almost as small as him and how gentle he was. He even played with my younger sister when she was a baby. I also used to play catch with him and he always find the things I threw in the bush no matter how thick the bush was. I missed those times.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also used to have a hamster when I was 8 to 11 years old, and I remember the sound of that squeaky wheel making it's presence felt the whole night, lol. I also like cats even when I was a kid until now. I would love to take care of a rabbit or guinea pig next time.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My family had a small dog that I loved to play with. No one else in the family paid that much attention to him as much as I did because i was very young and therefore was home a lot more of the time, and back then there was no internet yet so we played pretty much all day and I would just chase him around the house or he would just lay beside me while I watched tv. Now I'm much more interested in cats but I will always have a special place in my heart for dogs because of my childhood pet.

10. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up with a dog called Prince. It was my first exposure to a pet and my first understanding of responsibility, caring and, ultimately, death. I'm guessing that it's had a bearing on my appreciation of all of that in later life.

11. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    My favourite pet during my childhood has been dogs. I think it is the most loyal dog that I have ever seen. They are very cute and very humble. I think they are very cute.