Favorite pumpkin treat?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by malia22 • Sep 25, 2012.

1. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    the autumn is here so for me that means alllllllll things PUMPKIN!!!! i love pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin rolls....all of it!!!! i was wondering what yall's favorite pumpkin treats were?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    For years I've turned down anything with pumpkin in it. I didn't like it as a kid, but your tastes change as you get older. I really like the pumpkin spice lattes, but I also like a recipe I found for a pumpkin honey bread. It was really good. I also like the pumpkin spice candles.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love pumpkin bread. I avoided pumpkin pie for a long time because I ate a slice many years ago and it was horrible. The woman was an awful cook. Last year, I ate a slice of pumpkin pie for the first time in 20 years. It was delicious. I'm looking forward to eating pumpkin pie this year.

4. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie! I also like to roast the pumpkin seeds and eat them. I have not had any other pumpkin dishes though, but I am thinking a pumpkin cupcakes with a cream cheese-like icing yummy!!

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite pumpkin dish is called pumpkin crunch. It is like a pumpkin pie but with a crunchy struessel topping on it. Served warm with some whipped cream and it is a whole new way of eating pumpkin pie. I also have a fondness for toasted pumpkin seeds. When my kids were little, it was part of carving the Jack-o-lanterns for Halloween to toast the seeds. They can be seasoned in so many different ways that you never get tired of eating them.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Call me crazy, but I love the seeds. Thats right, clean them, dry them out, bake them with some salt and oil, and they are just delish! My mom used to do it, then I did it, and now my daughters do it too. They are a great autumn snack.

7. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The pumpkin is an ingredient that I always found it very nice. All meals are prepared with this product, always have a touch of flavor that I love. My choice is generally geared to sweet recipes: pumpkin in syrup, pumpkin pie, or honey and pumpkin pudding. I also like savory dishes, but my ruin, as I said earlier, are the sweets. As you say, Autumn is ideal for such preparations. I'm in another hemisphere, and Spring has just begun, but there is always a good excuse to eat a delicious dish. After reading all these alternatives, I'm very hungry...:p

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like when the supermarket starts selling bags of ground pumpkin pie flavored coffee. When it's brewing, it makes my place smell awesome. And of course I love actual pumpkin pie. I've heard that the Starbucks pumpkin coffee drink is kind of a big deal and super popular so I might try it to see what all the fuss is about.

9. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Pumpkin is not one of my favorite foods; I guess it's because I grew up in a household where it was only served baked into pies on holidays. I am not a pie person and I am funny about foods when it comes to texture, but I do like pumpkin seeds and I really like pumpkin bread.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I love pumpkin cheesecake. I made it for myself for the first time last fall, and it was to die for! Pumpkin lattes, of course, are also a favorite.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love pumpkin pie, but I really don't care for it in anything else such as coffee, cookies, etc. The pumpkin flavoring in coffee especially, tastes pretty artificial to me. It gives a weird texture to cookies, they loose their crispiness.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    My favorite that actually tastes like pumpkin is pumpkin pie.

My favorite in general is sticking pumpkin in baked goods in place of the oil and egg. So in brownies, for example, I put in pumpkin instead and it makes them super gooey.... but you can't tell that it's pumpkin.

13. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that pumpkin could replace oil and egg in baked goods... I'd say I have to try it, but it seems a little pointless if it doesn't make the finished product taste like pumpkin.

14. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    wow pumpkin pie is so popular!!! have any of you tried making pumpkin cheesecake brownies? they are so good! it's basically a pumpkin cheesecake swirl in the brownies, they are one of my favorites!!!

15. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It makes it much healthier, though.... and it changes the texture. You can do the same thing with applesauce instead of the oil. If I want to make the dessert taste like pumpkin, I'm likely to add a bit more and add some pumpkin pie seasonings that make people think more of pumpkin.

16. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    It's gotta be pumpkin pie for me. Making a pumpkin pie every year for Thanksgiving is a required tradition in my family. Also, pumpkin pie is one of the few sweets that I can have without having an allergic reaction afterwords. That and it's just damn good!

17. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    My favorite would have to be roasted pumpkin seeds! They are so easy to make, good for you, and awesome! Fun fact: They are a natural remedy for worms, the parasite. Yucky but awesome and true!

18. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love the fall just for the pumpkin EVERYTHING! I love pumpkin ice cream shakes, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin scented candles and more. My ultimate pumpkin treat is pumpkin cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting. Simply delicious.

19. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well I'm quite surprised that no one here mentioned pumpkin soup! I love pumpkin soups no matter how you prepare them! That rich orange colour and aroma never fails to bring a smile to my face. Served with crunchy garlic toast, those soups are an awesome treat anytime of the day! I also love pumpkin pies though the soup is still my favourite.

20. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    That I might try. Something about the idea of a pumpkin flavored brownie is intriguing.