Favorite Robin Williams Movie

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Feb 25, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Robin Williams has been in a ton of movies by now, and I know some people find him a bit grating, but I personally don't really mind it too much and I even like that he is that way because it just makes it even more surprising when he is in a more serious role due to the huge contrast in personalities. That said, my favorite performance and movie of his is still one of the silly ones which is Hook. I was very young when I saw that movie, and even then I remember being skeptical when I found out Peter Pan was going to be played by someone older, but after watching it I found the story to be pretty good and overall I think the movie was pretty well rounded and well structures. Ever scene had a reason and it didn't get boring for a second, and I now think Robin Williams was perfect for that role and few others could have done it justice as he has.

How about you guys, which Robin Williams movie is your favorite? Mrs. Doubtfire or Aladdin, perhaps?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen a lot of movies by Mr. Williams like Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, Father's Day, and a lot more. I like them all a lot but if I had to choose it would be Jumanji. It's not his best film but it was the first movie I watched with him in it. This movies introduced me to his other movies which is why it holds a special place for me.

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is Mrs Doubtfire.

My family and I always used to watch this on Christmas day after opening presents. Always provided a good laugh :)

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never was a fan of Robin Williams but I managed to watch some of his films. I guess my favorite would have to be Bicentennial Man. It's a story about a robot that wants to be a human being. I was touched by it so it's my favorite.

5. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Mrs. Doubtfire! Hands down. No debate here. This was a movie that me and my siblings grew up watching on the weekends. I remember like it was yesterday. And at one point (probably still can) we could recite plenty of the script! I love that movie! Reminds me, I need to go on a purchase it to add to my classic DVD collection.

Thanks for the reminder!

6. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    My favourite Robin Williams film is Mrs Doubtfire. It is such a funny film, especially seeing him trying to be a woman, yet it has a great storyline and I always feel sorry for him having to go to such lengths just to see his children. Mrs Doubtfire is one of those films I don't see very often but when I do see it it reminds me of why I loved this film so much in the first place.

7. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    I can't decide between Jumanji and Mrs. Doubtfire. Both are classics and really good, and to be honest, they are pretty much the only two movies I like Robin Williams in. For the most part, I find him to be too much to handle, just too over the top and zany; it gets to be annoying. Unless you guys have any other suggestions for good Robin Williams movies, I'm probably not going to watch any by my own volition.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's got to be "Mrs Doubtfire" for me. I think I have seen that movie more than 20 times. I have stopped counting. I know every minute in that movie and still anticipate the next moment. I think Robin Williams is absolutely brilliant. I have seen him in an interview once, and it was like some incredible force took over and he just cracked one joke after the other, imitating people and their accents, their facial expressions... It just went on and on. I was so impressed. I also love "One hour photo" and especially "RV". He is a terrific comedian!!!

9. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I like Hook as well, as it a) serves as an opportunity for Williams to show both his serious- and silly-side and b) it reveals Barrie's work as revealing that Never-Never Land truly exists! (Second star to the right & straight-on til morning!) It's that innocence that takes up permanent residence in the subconscious-mind, where impossible things seem possible because 'we're not worried about "why not?"!"~

10. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    My favorites are Jack and Birdcage although I do love Aladdin, Patch Adams and What Dreams May Come an awful lot. He's always been one of my favorite actors and I think he was incredibly talented and love almost anything he's in.

11. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    It's Bicentennial Man for me. Most of the philisophical lines delivered by Williams really touched my heart. Some of the seemingly ad lib-ed punch lines were really funny but I guess I'm just into drama shows. Mrs. Doubtfire comes in second.

12. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite Robin Williams for sure would have to be Mrs. Doubtfire. He was so hilarious in the movie! He was in another movie I liked as well I think it was called awakenings based on the true story of a doctor who helps to bring physically or mentally challenged patients back to life, so to speak that was really good. He played drama just as well as comedy. So sad to hear of his passing and surprising to hear of his depression considering his funny persona.

13. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:

Oh, I do believe the movie I was thinking of where he was a doctor was Patch Adams not awakenings. Awakenings was similar to Patch Adams though. It would have been nice to see him in more dramatic roles as well as comedic. He played drama just as well, I think.

14. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I love all Robin Williams' movies and can watch it over and over again. But the 3 films that I like most are >> Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society and Mrs. Doubtfire.

I'm really sad to learn how he died, it's ironic that a funny man dies of depression.

RIP Robin Williams...
    f47e31a054ada8d327c8a53626b84faf.

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Hook and Goodwill Hunting rather easily for me. Goodwill Hunting to this day is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. It took me getting a bit older to really understand the brilliance of the acting in the movie, but it remains one of the genius movies to this day.

And Hook was actually my first exposure to Robin Williams when I was little. Funny movie and one I still greatly enjoy watching.

16. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    My two favorite Robin Williams movies are Happy Feet and Mrs. Doubtfire. Both of these flicks made me laugh and see the brighter side of life. I hate that Robin Williams took his own life. It's a much popularized belief that comics get their humor from pain. So, maybe this is why he was so funny.

robin-williams2011-12-05_07-51-59happy-feet-two-screening-520x405.

17. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I loved all of the movies hes been in. But next to Flubber, my all time favorite movie of his was Mrs. Doubtfire, that's been one of my favorite movies in general since I was a kid. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen it, if I catch it on TV, I'll sit down and watch it like it's the first time I've ever seen it. He was such a great actor, it's a shame that he's gone.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite would always have to be Aladdin. That was when Disney was full of masterpieces. I took an Aladdin quiz once and it said I was the Genie. There are so many lines that are fun to recite.
    I'm going to have to echo though that Mrs. Doubtfire was a favorite as well. I've seen that movie probably as many times as Aladdin and I don't really get tired of it but does anyone else want to shield their eyes when he's at the dinner table and gets found out?
    He was just a great actor in general really.

19. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wasn't a fan of Robin Williams but that doesn't necessarily mean that I didn't like any of his movies. Mrs Doubtfire was good, there's no denying that but the book [Madame Doubtfire] was much better IMO so that movie wouldn't get my vote. Like Nickchick, I must say that Robin Williams was great in Aladdin but not so great [inmho] in many of his other movies.

20. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoyed all of Robin Williams movies. I would have to say that my favorite movie was Mrs. Doubtfire. I watched that movie when I was a kid and I still watch it every now and then. I though it was so funny that he dressed up as a woman just to play a nanny and then eventually got caught.