Favorite Screen Recording Software

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by soulite • Jun 29, 2014.

1. soulite

souliteNew Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to start a Youtube channel on programming and need to be able to record my screen to give examples of code. What screen recorder do you recommend? It has to be able to record programming and the graphics that each program renders. I already tried Voila and that worked well until it came to recording rendered objects. So far the best I've tried is ScreenFlow.

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    in whatever wayshape or form that you likeI use a software called cam studio. It's a pretty simple and straightforward to use software. You can download it for free. Just go on to Google and search for cam studio and you be able to find a link that will take you to the website. Once you get it you be able to use it in whatever way shape or form that you like. I haven't tried the others that you mentioned because cam studio was pretty good for me and it did the job that I was looking for. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially for those who are trying to create a YouTube channel

3. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    When I was into YouTube I used Fraps + Sony Vegas Pro, or Camtasia Recorder + Camtasia Studio. It depended what game I was playing, and if your computer can run Fraps well without lagging or not. Camtasia works better for lower end computers in my experience.

4. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the Camtasia Recorder since I got it with Camtasia Studio and it's pretty straight forward and has some great features. It's also able to record your keyboard and mouse input, that's also an advantage over things like fraps for example.