Favorite Shopping Site

Discussion in Online Shopping started by gracer • Feb 17, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! :)

When shopping online I always have to consider the credibility and popularity of the site I'm going to shop in. The most common sites I look into are eBay and Amazon. I also patronize the local shopping sites where I live as long as they have a good reputation.

How about you guys, what is your most visited or favorite shopping site? Why do you keep coming back to it?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Between Amazon and eBay, I'd say the latter because some of my favourite brands have very good offers on there, through their outlet stores. I like Amazon, but find it can be on the pricey side and doesn't always ship to Botswana, so I've not shopped extensively on there. My other favourite online site would have to be Asos. It's always got a sale going on, ships internationally and always offers free shipping for that matter and has excellent customer service. It has a very wide selection of own brand items as well as other brands. I LOVE it, what's NOT to love ei :)

3. mett1982

mett1982New Member

Threads:
    I do most of my online shopping on Amazon. Being an Amazon prime member, I usually will get my products in 2 days, which I love. Waiting 5-7 business days is for the birds. I also like to shop online at Old Navy and Gamestop. They are usually pretty good with getting my products to be fairly fast. The other thing I don't like about Gamestop is that they don't have free standard shipping. I think you have to spend over $75 dollars to be able to get free shipping. That is why I usually do everything on Amazon. Plus with my video games, Amazon has 20% off all new games. That is just an amazing deal!

4. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon and eBay are the first places I look at as well. I have Amazon Prime, so I usually look there first. If I'm looking for a specialty product, for example, an old video game, I'll look at eBay first. eBay pretty much always has pictures, and Amazon only has descriptions from sellers. Fakes are also an issue on eBay, not for just video games, but clothes as well. On the other hand, Amazon's clothes section is lacking in my opinion.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I think my favorite shopping site is eBay. It is my go to site where I will start my search for what I want but it does not necessarily mean I end up buying it there. I may find it at some other site cheaper than there. I will use other sites depending on what it is that I am looking for. I have shopped from a store's website before but I do find that I do not always trust just any site for shopping. I will only go to trusted sites and ones that I have heard of before from a trusted source.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I go to clothing stores like Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic. I do like Amazon and Indigo as well. I mostly shop online at stores that offer free shipping. If you get a good deal on something and then have to pay for shipping it's like you no longer have a deal any more. I'm not saving any money there. I mostly shop online when there are sales too. I love online shopping, the convenience is great. I really like not having to look for a parking spot, carry parcels around a mall and stand in line to check out. The only down fall I find is often my size isn't available when the item I want is on sale.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like you I like ebay and amazon for they got great deals, they got what i want and they ship free from amazon too when you spend a certain amount. I like the free shipping expect even if I have to save my money till I have enough for the free shipping, but it's worth it for I live in Hawaii where everyone slaps on extra shipping charges all the time. I find what I need at amazon always too and it's so nice to have cyber Monday's after Thanksgiving to look forward to every year! :)

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it's always Ebay. I try to find what I'm looking for in the local Ebay site, then if I couldn't find it then I try to search for it in the US version of Ebay. Ebay has hard to find items there, like cellphone parts which I can't find anywhere else.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy from websites like eBay or Amazon. I'll usually buy at safe known clothing and beauty stores. For beauty, for example, I love shopping at Sephora because I know for sure that I will not have any problems at all with my purchases.

10. FirmooS

FirmooSNew Member

Threads:
    Anybody tried Aliexpress?

11. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I see that I also share the same ideas as most of you guys have. I am also a sucker for sales and cheaper prices when I shop online. Plus, the free shipping offers are also important for me since shipping could cost a lot especially if the product I've bought will come all the way from the other side of the world. Another thing that's great about shopping online is the uniqueness of the items they sell that cannot usually be found anywhere else or in brick and mortar stores. :)

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no favorites but since I mostly buy DVDs online and half.com and I find them quite cheap on half.com, that would make me say Ebay is my favorite shopping but it's not. When I'm not buying DVDs I always buy from any reputable store where I'll buy the item I want at the lowest price. It does save me some money.

13. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    Obviously I love Amazon and eBay, but I also love shopping on JCPenney's and Kohl's websites. Their have competitive prices on home décor and the quality of products is really good compared to a lot of others. They also are constantly running sales and specials and if you sign up for emails JCPenney's sends out a lot of $10 off a $10 or more purchase.

14. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop online to find ideas of what I want to buy in store for Maurices, Forever 21+, and Lane Bryant. For online buying I will buy from swimsuitsforall and DSW.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually feel like I am now much more of a fan of Ebay over Amazon. The prices are always so much better, and on top of that the delivery times are unparalleled. I have never placed an order on Amazon, and then received the item that I purchased within one to three days. I have always had to wait longer. I never have to with Ebay.

16. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I found my favorite online shopping site to be Amazon. I was hesitant but when I had to chose a gift card from one of the sites I participant in I selected the Amazon gc. After setting up my account I searched the site and was surprised. Now it's the first place I go to.

17. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm always on eBay, and have 2 full watch lists. I have to keep track of a lot of items for my shops and the items I create, as well as what products are selling for, so I'm sometimes on there several times per day. I make a lot of small purchases on there.

Two other favorites are Target.com and WorldMarket.com. Both have good sale prices, and hold frequent sales. I price watch a lot on WorldMarket, and they email me when the prices of watched items decrease, so I can jump on the deals.

18. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I order almost exclusively from Amazon because I always have gift certificates, but I do check other sites to see what their prices are especially Walmart and Target. I do look on eBay alot as well. I have purchased from some other sites on the web as well, Tigerdirect is a good place to look for computers and Rockauto is good if you need to order auto parts.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We have a local online site that is almost like Amazon but with less variety in items though similar in style and type where I could find a lot more varied items than I would normally at a physical store. I consider it my favorite because I get to see a lot of obscure items that I would have trouble finding had I went to a mall. Also I like that they offer cash on delivery which is my preferred way to pay because as much as I can help it I prefer not giving my money when I don't have the product yet.

20. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I also mostly prefer sites which offer cash-on-delivery services because I'm always hesitant to pay for something I haven't received physically yet. Although I do pay online when I have no choice but I make sure that I'm buying from a trusted site first before I take the risk of paying in advance online.