Favorite Toys When You Were A Kid

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by DrRipley • Oct 30, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Back when I was a kid we didn't have internet yet, and now looking back I really wish I had the chance to see what everyone else was playing with. I think it would be fun to discover new toys that way. That said, now that we do have internet, I'd let to hear about what you guys were playing back when I was also still playing toys.

Personally, my favorite play time toys were jigsaw puzzles and micro machines toys, which now looking back seems ironic to me since I never really was that much interested in cars either then or now.

Anyway, what toys did you guys play with when y were younger? Which toys left the strongest impressions? Which toys will you never forget?

[video=youtube_share;zgxvIiEYpFY]http://youtu.be/zgxvIiEYpFY[/video]

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I remember having a lot of fun with my action figures. I would make them wrestle, WWE-style. My dad gave me a lot of toy guns, too, but I didn't really like them. I also had lots of Lego sets.

3. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I loved playing board games like Candyland, Chutes and Ladders and Clue. I also collected Barbie dolls, Rainbow Brite and a few My Little Ponies. I like that they are bringing back the old toys we used to play with. I hope they keep it up. There are too many electronics that kids spend their time on. It's so much better for them to exercise their minds and have interaction with other people.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I had a lot of fun with power rangers figures. Back then, being able to combine multiple toys into a single functional unit was a pretty unique and appealing feature. Today, the power rangers franchise is still going strong, but I have noticed a fairly obvious drop in the quality of the figures, which is a real shame.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I had a ton of toys that I liked, and granted I didn't have a lot of variety of toys but all the toys I played with were my favorite. I loved playing with my legos and my plastic animal toys. I still have all my legos, actually!

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I really liked micro machines when I was little too. My favorite toys were Legos. My siblings and I had tons of them. I built towns and roadways and stuff and it could keep me entertained for hours. My parents wouldn't buy us video game consoles when we were young and I am glad they didn't.

7. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    My favorite childhood toy would have to be my easy bake oven, I loved baking for my parents and siblings. I used to think I was a little Betty Crocker when I was younger and I thought my cakes and cookies were so yummy, but I'm sure it didn't taste as good as I thought it did. My easy bake oven days is a moment I cherish a lot because baking for my family always brought us together and kept us all entertained. I also used to have the toy that made McDonalds burgers but the bread was vanilla wafer cookies and I cant think of what the meat was but that was a fun toy to play with as well.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite toy would probably be this talking doll. I don't remember the name of it now but you could change her outfits and she'd recognize it. You could even play some games with her. She got annoying after a while but she was still the coolest toy I saw back then.

9. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974Member

Threads:
    I grew up primarily in the 1980's. I loved Hot Wheels, space toys, Charlie Brown, Colorforms, board games, Etch-A-Sketch, handheld water toys, kick balls and squirt guns just to name a few. You are really taking me back. I didn't start seeing electronic toys until I was at least ten.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the neighborhood where I grew up, kids used to play together in empty lot that was near my home. The boys usually preferred playing with toy cars. I had a number of them but the ones we loved most were those which had been hand-crafted by the older boys. So for me, toy cars were my favorites . . . those were the good old days.

11. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    We didn't have much money but my Mom always seemed to find just the right toys for us to play with. I loved to play marbles, jacks, and bolo batting. Does that sound like competitiveness? The marbles were my favorite. I always wondered how they managed to get cat's eyes inside of some of them. I thought they were so pretty.

Today they are very collectible, who would have thunk it?

12. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I really just spent a lot of time playing with barbies. I had so many and they were my favorite thing ever.. I played with them up until I was about 13.

13. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I liked my legos. The one creation I've made that sticks out in my mind was a perfect symmetrical and reversible car. I was so proud of it, and I can't believe I was dumb enough to not write down the instructions for it so I can rebuild it. Alas, that's the way with legos. Also, it's not until one or two years ago when I found out just how much money I've made my parents spend on lego. They are so expensive, and now I feel like a brat to have asked for so much. I can't even find budget to spend on legos, so I can't imagine how much my parents had to spend.

14. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Just crayons and paper, please. I could just go on for hours and hours illustrating my stories. All colors, and in all manners. I would include water in. Put the crayons in a hot tub and then use them to make different kinds of reds. Include fruit slices and stuffs from lunch and I could make a masterpiece. Fortunately, I never had to add food to my artworks to make them stand out among the crowd. My first finished piece was "Three Vikings" in elementary school and it sold for US$35 (plus frames) to a bazaar visitor. :):):)