Favorite Travel Method

Discussion in Travel started by SarahLizzie • May 10, 2012.

1. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    What is your favorite method of travel?

Any trips we have taken out of state, we have driven. I still have yet to get onto an airplane.

2. freelove89

freelove89New Member

Threads:
    My favorite travel method is by bicycle. With camping gear, emergency supplies, a camera, a laptop, and some small food and water all packed down into panniers and bundled onto my bike's rear rack, I have traveled over 3,000 miles on a single trip across the western states. The endorphin release and adrenaline rush of having biked over an epic mountain pass or down the coastline makes me savor every second of travel. Here is a picture of my bike loaded up with me in front from my current bike adventure:
    monarch.

3. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I like traveling by train. It gives me more space and freedom during the way. By freedom I mean that I don't have to focus on the way (bicycle, car) and I can go for a "walk" if I need it (unlike on a plane, those planes for short flight are too small for this).

4. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to travel by van with the family. That way they can spread out and be less crowded. It also gives us room for all our stuff.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Airplane, definitely airplane! I don't know why, but I've always loved airports and travelling by plane. I love watching the lights and cities from above, taking a closer look at the sun and the clouds, and the fact that they play movies and even serve lunch/dinner during flights.

THAT, if you choose a good airline :p

6. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    I am really keen on airplanes, they are my favourite mean of transport by far.
    I love them, actually I don't know why but they are just amazing!
    Travelling by plane is the fastest and safest way of doing it!! Despite of people's fear, airplanes are incredibly safe :D

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I like to travel by car. I just like driving long distances and feeling the wind in my face. I also like meeting people whenever I stop for a meal or to sleep. Driving town to town is the best thing I do everytime I have free time and when I have enough gas too. :)

8. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    If I m not driving, I prefer to travel by train. It is easy, cheaper than an air trip, and better than the bus. Especially when considering bus or train I have to say that by train you have the freedom to move, read a nice book, and you can probably get a glimpse of something interesting as most trains go through picturesque routes. Now for the air plane, I know you said you still haven't travelled by one, but I don't think you can avoid it at some point as many travel destinations can only be reached by air.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    My favourite mode of transport is my motorhome. It's a Trigano Tribute 650, so it's big enough to be comfortable, yet small enough to drive around town and park easily. It's also economical on fuel. We can stop and make a drink or have something to eat whenever we feel like it, without paying fancy prices in motorway service stations, and when we've done driving for the day, we can stop off at a campsite, by a lake, or just pull into a truck stop. Many restaurants in Europe will allow you to park up overnight if you've eaten, so you don't always have to pay to stay.

Travelling in the motorhome is like being on a permanent vacation. I've driven all over western Europe over the last 4 years. When we go to the UK, I also enjoy the ferry crossing. I get really streesed out with hanging around airports, and I'm scared of flying, so we go everywhere in the motorhome.

10. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Usually when I go from 1 state to another I have gone by greyhound bus except this month I flew on continental airlines. Seeing as I haven't had a car for few years, I will use public buses to get around the city or walk when something is close by.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I like all modes of transport - cause it means I am going somewhere! I have to put airplane up there though, as it usually means I am going quite a distance, which I love. I also like fast trains. I am not too keen on boats though as I get motion sickness...but again, if I am going somewhere fun: I am almost always game!

12. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I like to travel by train. Third class. I get to meet all kinds of people. Basically it's easier to strike up a conversation with someone in the third class than in the second class. In Thailand, I can travel everywhere by train. For free. Third class only, of course.

13. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been on an airplane, and I'm actually quite afraid to go on one. I usually travel by car, which isn't too bad. I did go to Chicago on a train a couple years ago, and I liked that too.

14. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, I've always wanted to try a motorhome. Nothing can possible beat basically a MOBILE version of home lol. But aside from that my favorite method of travel is by train.

15. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    I have always been traveling by my motorcycle. The freedom and rush that it gives is unforgiving. Also it is a lot more least expensive in terms on gas consumption. I just feel like it is more fun to ride a bike than a protected car I just think it is so gay to ride a car,nothing wrong with being gay,but still.gehehhehehe

16. hnau

hnauNew Member

Threads:
    I lived in India for a few years. My favorite way to travel is by train. If you go by 3AC (Third Class - Air Conditioned) it is very comfortable. In each train car there are different compartments. Beds unfold and there are places for everyone to sleep. Sleeping on the train is great. It is like being rocked in giant arms. Traveling by train may take longer but it is much more laid back and comfortable, plus it is a great place to meet people.

17. SmartVersatileCookie

SmartVersatileCookieNew Member

Threads:
    My husband and I travel to our hometown a lot in order to visit our relatives. In order to save money, we take a road trip home. I pack a cooler full of sandwiches, drinks and snacks to last for the trip to our home city. It saves a ton of money. We are able to travel from California to Missouri in under $300.

18. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I definitely love flying. I used to fear it but it's much convenient than riding on a bus or ship especially if going from one state to another. I love how fast traveling so this definitely works for me.

19. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Planes and boats for me. Planes are self-explanatory and the ship is just a really nice experience. Feeling the breeze and getting to see the blue waters are just priceless. If there was one thing I wanted in this world out of pure vanity, it would be a boat! lol

20. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I love flying, but I can't afford it as much as driving. The only thing I really like about flying if I'm honest is how quickly I get to my destination. For example, if I drove to North Carolina from Ohio it would take at least 8 hours. If I took a Greyhound bus, it would take 16-20 hours depending on the stop count and if I took a plane it would only take 90 minutes.