Favorite Travel Method

Discussion in Travel started by SarahLizzie • May 10, 2012.

1. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Road trip!!!! I like flying if its far but I really like road trips. I am usually the one up the whole way through. I like making stops on the way at places I've never been to just to experience something new. You don't get that on a plane.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to fly, it's quick get there and start enjoying myself. It would be nice to experience traveling in a motor home with someone else doing the driving.

3. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer flying, too, but I'd like it to be followed up by a road trip once we arrive at the destination. And by that, I mean having our own car. It'd be much too difficult to opt for public transportation in a place you've never been to.

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Of course, it would be airplane but I have gotten afraid lately as to so much happening on and with the planes. I also love it because it only take so many hours to reach your destination. I have traveled by bus also which use to be my favorite but they don't have good service as they use to and that's what everyone tells me who has flown lately. The planes do not take you on a direct route so I am kind of disappointed about that, but I will fly again if I don't decide to drive.

5. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I've recently been travelling by bus and I like being able to see the scenery without having to worry about driving. I have only been on a train once, from Idaho to Wyoming, and I liked it too, mostly because of the scenery as well. I used to like travelling by airplane but have recently gotten afraid during take-off, I don't recall how that started.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have only been able to travel by train one time in my life but I absolutely loved it. There is something about trains that have always facinated me ever since I was a little kid. I hope to be able to ride the train in Canada that goes from Calgary to Vancouver someday. It goes through the Canadian Rockies and the scenery would be absolutely stunning to see from a train.

7. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Flying can be good because it's quick, but it makes my ears hurt like crazy! And not just on the plane, it hurts for a full day after the flight. Not to mention the hassle that comes with flying. If The trip is 8 hours or less by care I prefer the car.

8. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I'd love to fly more when I travel, but I end up driving all the way there. So I guess road tripping is my favorite way of getting there. Sure I get carsick at least once during the entire ride, but I love stopping by all sorts of places along the way. There's something nice about going into a McDonalds right off the freeway about 200 miles away from home.

9. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I like to drive and arrive at the destination in one piece. I know flying is easier, but for me the fear factor kicks in. So I have to drive or walk to the area I am going to travel to. However, this is normally to parks so it is easier for me to do this.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to see different places, but I not really excited about any travel method. I will travel, but that's my least favorite part about traveling. I focus on the destination. If I had to choose one, it would be the train. I would love riding the train if it was for the horrible bathroom facilities.

11. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    If had a license and a car, I would love to travel across Canada or the United States by vehicle. It seems rather relaxing and we can go wherever we please. Since I don't have a license or plan on getting one, I'd prefer a train, especially in the autumn. It's definitely nice!

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    If it's a distance I can handle or there isn't a huge time constraint, I like driving. I like being able to see the view, hang out, not spend a fortune, and sometimes stop at places I've never been before. If it's cross-country or I'm on a time schedule (like I only have the weekend), then I'd rather fly, just so I can get there and -then- explore.

13. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    We usually travel by vehicle. It takes longer but it is cheaper. Also, you can take more luggage compared to airplane that charges so much for each additional bag.

14. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid my favorite method was the trains. Then I could get to see my dad because he worked on the rail lines!

15. Magic Pixel

Magic PixelMember

Threads:
    I like to drive, I also like to fly (short haul), but nothing beats a good train ride. I'm currently living in Europe so I had the chance to experience the scenic rides of the Swiss Alps or the amazingly fast high speed lines in France or Germany. And I don't plan to stop here!

#35Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  16. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to fly or travel by train. These two are my favorite methods of travel because I can see a bunch of sites without having to pay attention to the road and I can walk around and let someone else take over for a change. I love to travel by train along the coast and just gaze out at the ocean. It is just beautiful.

17. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well that really depends on how far I'm planning to travel and whether there are time constraints. But if I had all the time in the world and fuel prices were to go down, I would definitely want to travel round the world in my car. I just find that driving gives you the freedom to do what you want, stop whenever you please to visit somewhere that seems interesting. It also gives you the leeway to change your course of travel if you suddenly decide to go somewhere else whereas if you're on a train or airplane, your final destination is fixed (most of the time at least!). Traveling with a favourite companion on the roads and seeing the world I guess would be the life everyone wants to lead, with no stresses and worries!

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like travelling by plane, although I really hate airport security nowadays. It has become so much of a chore, but I do understand why it is needed. I love air travel because it's quite relaxing, especially if you choose a nice airline to fly with, and despite the stereotype, I actually enjoy eating airline food. :) My next favorite would probably be by train. I find it very romantic in a sort of old fashioned kind of way.

19. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    I love train travel. I don't mind driving, but there is nothing like being rocked to sleep in a train. Plus, you can see things you could never see if you were in your own vehicle. There is just something special and almost magical about it.

20. chocbunny

chocbunnyNew Member

Threads:
    My favourite way to travel is definitely by train. The station is normally in the middle of the city you are in, rather than way out like airports. It is a smooth ride, plenty of space to stretch your legs and walk about, and usually a dining cart. I don't like to fly due to all the hassle at the airport checking in and going through security. Buses are too cramped for my liking and often the toilets don't work. With a car it is often a hassle trying to find a park, you can't take in as much scenery, and depending on where you are, you may have to get used to driving on the other side of the road!