Favorite Travel Method

Discussion in Travel started by SarahLizzie • May 10, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Road trip in the car, hands down, of course as a passenger. I love traveling by car, being able to stop and look at any of the attractions I find interesting. You may get a chance to meet a local and find some interesting spots to check out. Not to mention the fact you can travel at your leisure.

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely by road. Gives you the chance to stop and experience each place as you pass by. When the stops are not under your control, then I feel we miss out on so much! Having said that, certain rail routes are so scenic and beautiful. So on such journeys, I'd make an exception and travel by train.

3. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Wherever possible, I would love to take trains. The trip is not too short to be meaningless and not too long to be boring. You could even meet a lot of people during the ride. You could observe them and see differences among individuals.

Plus, JK Rowling gave birth to the Harry Potter story idea during a simple train trip. Indeed, you can never underestimate the good things that can come out from it.

4. shanshanshan

shanshanshanNew Member

Threads:
    I love to travel by train. Unfortunately, it can be pretty expensive. I love traveling in Europe by train because you can get student discounts. It's so nice and easy to just sit and relax and watch the view fly by. It's great to be on trains with friends because you can share the seats that have a table in the middle and because many trains in Europe offer group discounts when purchasing with two or more friends!

5. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    In order, planes, trains, buses and car. I like to get where I am going, the fastest way possible.

6. catevanne

catevanneMember

Threads:
    I love road trips in my SUV...I enjoy being able to stop along the way whenever I feel like it to take in the sights, to find interesting places to camp or stay overnight. Going across country in your vehicle is the only way to go!

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I travel a lot and my favorite travel method would have to be by bicycle. Its one of the cheapest ways to go sightseeing when I travel internationally.

8. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    Oh my, you just have to get on an airplane. There is absolutely nothing else like it. I've been on so many, now I'm looking forward to my first long-distance train ride. I've heard conflicting reports about train travel, but don't care, want to experience it for myself. Want to see how sleeping on the train feels.

9. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    Hi
    Yes I drive. But I had never really considered me driving as an option. I would prefer a more public method of transportation, if that makes sense.
    And this will be my first trip to Europe so I haven't experienced anything yet to really have a valid opinion.

10. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I like using bike, walking and driving. I hate airplanes specially on long haul flights, So cramped in, cant breath, no fresh air.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favourite method of travel would be by road on a motorbike or a moped. I have had my best travel experiences ona motorbike. It is the most common form of travel in Asia. I actually learned to ride a motorbike over there.

12. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I love train travel together with some good friends. Not in a hurry and just enjoy the journey.

13. justbuyflowers

justbuyflowersNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to travel by train. Because it is very comfortable and i get meet to all kinds of people.

14. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I prefer to driving with my family , and avoid long distance trip . If go one state to another, the fast way-flying is the best for sure.

15. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite method for travelling is bike and I really like because I feel comfortable as compare to other travelling.I not ride fast and fast I believe in slow because in slow you have less risk to any bad thing happen..

16. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Underground train (metro) was always mu favourite before flying. I haven't actually used an underground train is almost 2 years now, before that it was another 6 years. I love coaches too but never get them these days, they were just a school thing. Buses are good too, and driving.

17. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Travel is my passion and I love to do travel. It’s not a big deal that how you travel but the big deal is that how is your destination? And is the method that is chosen is safe? Generally train is my favorite way because in this way I can talk with others and know about their travel stories. Furthermore it is very comfortable for me.

18. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite way to travel is by car. I love to relax and enjoy the sites and be able to stop and relax when needed. With that said, I'm describing a trip with just me and my husband. :) When you add our 4 children in the mix my favorite is flying! Any thing to get us there as fast as possible! It's hard enough traveling with kids and dragging it out is never an option. The faster the better!!! We just want to get there and enjoy!

Danyel :)