Favourite Chain Grocery Store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Manny • Mar 12, 2014.

1. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    My favorite grocery store is Kroger. I worked there from 16-20 and absolutely hated it but still love the store. They have a shopper's card which I'm sure people usually don't like but it really helps cut down on prices. Also with the shoppers card every 100 dollars you spend saves you 10 cents off of a gallon of gas from their gas station. They also have really good store brand products which I like. I have yet to find something that was store brand and awful.

2. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I used to shop alot at food for less. I would save so much money and walmart also. But then my cousin who is 45 minutes away from me took me to this store called grocery outlet, The first time I went in they gave m 3 dollars off my purchase. And the best part was that I had only spent 64$ on 2 and a half weeks of groceries. I loved it. So even though she lives 45 minutes away from me I make 1 trip a month to go to that grocery store. To me its worth it because they have such a huge variety and then their prices are really cheap. I save a lot more money this way. Its really great.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am a big trader joes fan. I find their products are very reasonably priced. They also always have fresh meat and produce. I also really like Costco for buying in bulk. Their meat is always good but sometimes their produce isn't the freshest. I find that I can get the best prices on stable items such as bread, milk and eggs at whole salers.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a store called Shoppers Value. They are really great for savings. Oftentimes you can get some spectacular buys there. Admittedly not everything is low cost, as they price gauge a bit on milk and cat food, but chips are dirt cheap at about .88 a bag. Their prices for produce are much less than the neighboring Food Lion..and spices are a real bargain. I got a can of coffee for 2.23. You do have to know prices to shop here like I said, because..not everything is a bargain..Oh yeah my favorite is the 2.99 wine and the bacon for 1.71 per pound..I think it is what they call odd lots, or odd cuts.

5. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I do most of my grocery shopping at three stores: Aldi, Kroger, and Meijer. Whenever I shop somewhere besides Aldi, even the latter two stores that I mentioned, I almost always feel like I would have payed less at Aldi. I plan on doing a lot more shopping at Aldi beginning in the new year. Aldi has great prices on almost everything on my monthly grocery list. The only items I buy elsewhere are diapers, wipes, and meat products. When shopping at Meijer or Kroger, I love using their digital coupon apps and rewards programs.